I stayed in Jardin de Recoletos for 5 nights in October 2012 after reading the reviews in Tripadvisor. It's wonderfully located in the upscale Salamanca area, 5 min from a Retiro metro station and 3 min from the Recoletos train station (convenient for taking train to and from airport or to connect to Atocha, one stop away and then to Toledo etc), around the corner from the main shopping area and easy walking distance to both the Prado and the Thyssen Bornemiszra museums. It's also a lovely walk to the important sights such as Plaza Mayor, Real Palace etc from the hotel (between 20-30 min depending on how often you stop) but you could also choose to take the metro. It's also within walking distance to the Retiro park and many wonderful restaurants which are to the east of the park.
The room is large and comfortable with a lounge area and kitchenette on one side. The only complaint I have is that they should have provided a kettle or else you have to use the pot to boil water. We would have gladly washed our own dishes except they was no soap/sponge provided but the housekeeping washed and stored the crockery everyday for us
The concierge staff were all very helpful and professional, making reservations for restaurants for us, recommending day trips out of Madrid and patiently answering any query you may have. The breakfast buffet is amazing value at less than 10 euro if you confirm on checking in. You get a wonderful spread of fruit, juices, cereals, hams, lovely crusty breads, tortilla...much more food than you ever need. You can even order a cooked breakfast of scrambled/fried eggs with ham, bacon and sausages.
Overall we were extremely happy with our stay as it was not only great value but extremely pleasant. It suited us fine as we are not into partying and enjoyed the peaceful and safe location
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely refurbished during August 2013, the hotel VP Jardín de Recoletos is located just a few steps from Retiro Park, Puerta de Alcalá and the National Library. VP Jardín de Recoletos is the perfect choice for a stay in Madrid because of its 43 spacious rooms, its beautiful garden and its excellent location in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Jardin de Recoletos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardin De Recoletos Hotel Madrid
- Jardin De Recoletos Madrid