For us, an excellent hotel in an excellent location. We were upgraded to a 'superior' double room without asking, which was on the top floor and had a shaded north-facing patio with chairs and a table. There was also a kitchenette hidden behind folding doors,which we will make use of next time. It had a rather old-fashioned air of luxury about it, with marble everywhere, heavy curtains and gilded headboards, but it didn't feel oppressive because of the generous size of the room, the many mirrors and the pale colours of the decor. Massively fluffy dressing gowns and minibar with free soft drinks added to general impression of being looked after by an efficient and effective management. All the staff in fact were friendly and helpful and extremely polite.
The neighbourhood is on the edge of the main historic centre of Madrid. Most of the main places of interest are within walking distance - for example we walked across town one day as far as the Royal Palace.
Breakfasts were wonderful and on return I keep remembering them and wishing I had eaten more! The only criticism one might have is that there is only one coffee machine to service the entire dining room. We ate lunch in the garden once and enjoyed the experience. Pretty surroundings, fountains playing and well-paced service gave a general air of relaxation. The starters were generous enough for a lunchtime meal. Although we only had the salmon and avocado salad and the plate of grilled vegetables, we're were served with the customary dignity and friendliness, and presented with additional tasties that were being given to the other diners who were out for a much bigger lunch. The tangerine and cava sorbet was fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely refurbished during August 2013, the hotel VP Jardín de Recoletos is located just a few steps from Retiro Park, Puerta de Alcalá and the National Library. VP Jardín de Recoletos is the perfect choice for a stay in Madrid because of its 43 spacious rooms, its beautiful garden and its excellent location in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jardin de Recoletos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardin De Recoletos Hotel Madrid
- Jardin De Recoletos Madrid