I chose this hotel after days researching and comparing the many hotels in Madrid. While still very much in the city of Madrid, this is slightly out of the centre. I was happy with this area which is upmarket and less noisy and chaotic than central Madrid. I was easily able to get around by underground, by bus or on foot and see museums, markets, the palace, Retiro Park, which was very close.
The room and bathroom were lovely and cool, a retreat from the hot summer streets of Madrid. I rested well here. Air conditioning was very effective! Free drinks were always available in my fridge, which I loved.
Service was fine, and to me it was almost a hybrid of a hotel and a self contained apartment, which suited my needs. There is internet in the lobby, which I found convenient.
Breakfast in the garden was available for 13 Euros, but I happily saved my money and bought yoghurt and fruit and put them in the fridge – easy to prepare in the handy kitchenette.
It was also near a great tapas place called La Biotza (address: Calle de Claudio Coello, 27) - I ate there twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely refurbished during August 2013, the hotel VP Jardín de Recoletos is located just a few steps from Retiro Park, Puerta de Alcalá and the National Library. VP Jardín de Recoletos is the perfect choice for a stay in Madrid because of its 43 spacious rooms, its beautiful garden and its excellent location in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Jardin de Recoletos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardin De Recoletos Hotel Madrid
- Jardin De Recoletos Madrid