“Great value, great location, comfortable and friendly staff”

Lapepa Chic Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 276 Madrid B&B and Inns
Madrid, Spain
“Great value, great location, comfortable and friendly staff”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Really lovely b&b in the heart of Madrid. Perfect for exploring, great value and really lovely smiley helpful staff. Thanks Irma and team for a great stay. The rooms are modern and simple, clean and tidy with red and white decor. The bathrooms are shiny clean and good showers! You couldn't be in a better location and the buffet/style breakfast is a great idea as it allows you to be flexible and relaxed. it's a home-from-home style b&b. A little gem!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
MT
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A few blocks from the Museo del Prado, Lapepa Chic B&B is on the 7th floor of a secure building. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They allowed us to drop our bags off and do all of the check-in paperwork a few hours before check-in time (before our rooms were ready). Lots of good restaurants in the area as well as the Prado, Retiro park, and other sights. Coffee & tea were available all day. Breakfast was cold cereal, yogurt, meats and cheese, bread, juice, coffee, tea. The room was small but clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a shower stall, sink and bathroom tucked inside a partition in one corner of the room: small but functional. No extra charge for wi-fi and it was a good connection. My only complaints are: no beside table to put my traveler's clock on (I had to put it across the room, which wasn't very convenient when I woke up in the middle of the night and wondered what time it was), no hair dryer, and no fresh fruit at breakfast. Good price for the location. If you like to spend a lot of time in your room, this might not be ideal (not a lot of space and the room is pretty much just a bed), but if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep after a day of business or sightseeing, Lapepa Chic is perfect!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are more likely to be quiet: further from street noise and the kitchen.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TMG25
India
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife Chandrika and I are a couple in our early 60s from Bangalore, India. We stayed for 3 nights at Lapepa Chic B& B.

As a city , we enjoyed the wonderful things that Madrid had to showcase ... The wonderful weather was a major help too .

What made our holiday in Madrid special was our stay at Lapepa

The location is most convenient , the interior decor is modern and functional and the setting of the dining area very cosy. The rooms were cleaned daily .

Most importantly, Irma's passion, attention to detail and the heartfelt warmth displayed by her made all the difference to us . She gave her time uncomplainingly and attended to all our requests most promptly and with a smile. Alina and Susanna, with their sunny disposition , were most helpful at all times. It made our Madrid experience special. Lapepa Chic B&B is a place that we would most happily to recommend to all those who are looking for a place in Madrid that combines. locational advantage, functionality and warmth

M Chandrasekaran

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 2 which gave us very good view of Neptune Plaza .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shekar48
London
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at La Pepa over New Year and found it to be a perfect for our trip to the museums nearby. The owner was very helpful and provided lots of ideas for restaurants and activities on New Year's eve, even providing a bottle of prosecco for us to enjoy before we went out that night. The rooms are tidy and minimal as is stated and shown on the website, but we found them perfectly comfortable. The location is about as central as you can get in Madrid and worked perfectly for visiting museums, shops and restaurants. Our view from the room was also pretty special.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend in August 2013. I chose it mostly because of the location, which did turn out to be excellent. Madrid's grand 19th century boulevards can make walking even relatively short distances a chore, so that Lapepa was close to most of what we wanted to do and see--the Reina Sofia, Prado, and Retiro--was a huge plus. It is also very easy to get to and from the Airport and Atocha from the B&B. The room itself was very clean and a decent size. The staff was very kind and helpful. There was no street noise to speak of, which is pretty incredible in Madrid, in my experience, but the walls in the hotel seemed a bit thin. This was probably the only drawback. The breakfast was more substantial than most Spanish breakfast while not betraying the principle, which I appreciated. It did not come up for us, but one other thing that is worth knowing is that check-in is a pretty strict 3PM. Arrivals before that can expect to pay for the extra hours of their stay. But this is minor for the convenient location and excellent nightly rates. I would stay here again and would absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joseph C
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at La Pepa last year with a friend and returned in July 2013 with two teens, my daughter and her friend. Both times, we all had a terrific experience. La Pepa is incredibly central--15-or 20 min walk to most things in the heart of town, half a block from Paseo del Prado and the Museo Thyssen as well as the Prado Museum, Plaza Sol, Plaza Mayor, the subway, Reina Sofia museum etc. Yet, the street and certainly the rooms are quiet. Even the Panorama rooms (worth the extra dollars) overlooking the street and the beautiful hotel are quiet at night and fine during the day. The teen girls were very comfortable going in and out on their own to Plaza Sol and the museums, including at night, because there are always people on the street, and it feels safe. THe 100 Montaditos chain, for cheap and clean eats, is right downstairs from La Pepa with a nice patio, so they could hang out there without me frequently. We all stayed in one room and paid a small amount for an extra bed for the third person. We fit fine.

La Pepa is charmingly and creatively decorated and squeaky clean thanks to its very hardworking staff and owner, who are also super friendly and helpful. I felt totally welcomed and safe there with the two girls. I stayed 7 nights total this year; when I came back from another country for 1 more night's stay, I felt like I was coming home, and I was welcomed in that way. My friend who stayed by herself for two nights was very happy as well. Things work well--A/C; internet; breakfast service. No disappointments or hassles.

I am not sure when I'll be back in Madrid, but this would be my place of choice again for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dk1670
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Three friends and I stayed here for a total of three nights in July. We loved the central location - close by enough to the museums (the Prado Museum is literally just down the road), transport (metro and cabs), food and shopping. I agree with other reviewers - Lapepa is really a boutique hotel, not a B&B! It was clean, cheerful and most of all, we felt safe in a foreign city. Breakfast was good and plentiful. During our time we noticed not just backpackers like us but several businessmen as well (they were in suits at breakfast) as well as families, so it really does cater to everybody. I would recommend Lapepa to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Madrid and I would stay there again if I'm ever in town!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends