“Great location and nice room”
Review of Regente Hotel

Regente Hotel
Ranked #217 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
san juan
“Great location and nice room”
Reviewed December 5, 2009

We got to Madrid early so we had to wait for a room to be available, but it was well worth it since we got the corner on the 3rd floor with the best view of La Gran Via. I wish we had better directions on how to get there by train, since it is close to the Sol Station and the Taxi was espensive. It is walking distance to many atractions and next to El Corte Ingles. Service was OK, with exception of the guy that takes care of the luggage, no one was overly friendly, but then again...that is the way they are in Spain.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank maribel00198

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed November 7, 2009

We booked this Hotel through a Travel Agent, of course it is more expensive, when we arrived we were given room 309. As soon as I opened the door I had a bad impression. Furniture dated and not much light. Worse of all the floor clicks badly and so we have asked to change the room next morning.
We then were given room 205 which is passible small but bright. The temperature was 26o.C. At night not just the noise of the street as well the heat and so we had bad nights during our stay.
We asked for the air conditioner to be turnt on but we were told that October supposed to be winter and so there is no air conditioner.
Breakfast was poor.
The location is very central and the staffs helpful.
The day we changed our room I left a brand new bath sponge in the room 309 and when I remember couple of hours later the cleaner said that she has not seen it!!
She would have seen it if it was an old one.
The bath towel was thin and thorned. The towel I use in my house to clean the floor is better condition than the one I used in room 309. No bath soap either.
Room 205 we had better experience, better bath towel we had soap, shower cap, etc. .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
liverpool
Reviewed October 23, 2009

stayed at the regente hotel in madrid great location good quality hotel vey good cooked breakfast will keep you going most of the day nice clean rooms comfortable beds checking in staff a little distant take a stick with a feather on it nothing to worry about really get down for breakfast before 9.15 can get a little busy after that can recommend this hotel if I wanted to be a bit picky booked a wake up call on the tv in the room was charged 2euro when checking out first time a hotel charged for a call

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank blooby
Oldham
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I have stayed at the Regente a few times and I am going again next week I can't wait. I don't understand what people are complaining about, I have always found it to be clean and the staff are very helpful they don't speak fluent english but how can we brits criticise that! Anyway I quite like that I am forced to use my terrible spanish that's half the fun! The breakfast is a bit dull but the location is amazing you can go and get breakfast anywhere.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
iriskas
Reviewed September 13, 2009

My husband and I are in our late 20s/ early 30s, and we feel that this place has only its location going for it. The staff, everyone of them, were not helpful, when I asked them if they can call to confirm my tour one day, they showed me to pay phone an said "or you can use a phone in your room". I don't speak Spanish and it would have been helpful if they helped me with that. But i guess it was too much to ask to confirm my tour departure time. Any other issues--they were not helpful either. My husband and I ended up going to Best western next door, every day, to ask for a map with directions! Also, during the breakfast, I asked if I could fill my 20 oz water bottle with water, they said no! I said it's just water and I have a small bottle, they rudely said "it's not possible". The breakfast itself, was the worst ever, my husband and I were traveling from North to south of spain and stayed in several hotels, but this was by far the worst breakfast and hotel of all. Please be advised.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Madrid hotels

London
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Despite some apprehension due to some negative reviews, we were delighted with The Regente. Firstly, the staff - if you make an effort to speak a few words of Spanish & smile - then they are extremely helpful - 'simples'! In the heat of August, it is definitely an advantage to have an inside facing room - quiet & cool. Cleanliness could not be faulted - or the standard of breakfast - there was a massive choice - Sunday morning was a tad hectic, but everyone likes to sleep in on a Sunday. The location is fantastic - getting to the hotel from the airport is easy - 2 Euros on the metro (which is clean & has a/c!) takes you to either Callao or Gran Via - again - 'simples'. Muchas gracias ....

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank CarinaB
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My wife and I traveled from New York City and we wanted something centrally located, cheap and comfortable. This hotel is it. The location is very good and we made it to the hotel via metro (Callao station) from the airport. The hotel is close to Sol, Opera, Plaza Mayor and main pedestrian shopping zones. There is also an (almost American) Pub and Pool Hall right across the street. The hotel was a bit dated but very clean with excellent showers. Our room had a view and we became friends with a lot of neighborhood merchants. The TV had CNN and several English channels. However, polish your Spanish.

You will get a fair deal and a clean room in the center of Madrid…that was good enough for us.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple