“A Class Act”
Review of Hotel Liabeny

Hotel Liabeny
Ranked #51 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed April 4, 2013

How can you be critical of a perfect experience. The hotel was spotlessly clean, elegant 4 star hotel right in the centre of Madrid. Staff could not have been more helpful, bedroom and bathroom were spacious and beautifully appointed. We thought the price very reasonable for what the hotel offered. Room service was fast and efficient and despite some language difficulties we always got what we asked for.

We thought the buffet breakfast was beautifully presented and with a wide and wonderful range of offerings. We took it for the entire week we were there and were delighted with it and felt it was reasonably priced.

One of the nicest features was that when we came back from breakfast the room was freshly made up. This was an absolute treat compared to those hotels that wait until mid or late afternoon and leave you sitting outside until they finish. This is a very thoughtful service (as is the turndown service at night).

Room Tip: No problem here as windows are double-glazed
1  Thank brucerosen
Write a ReviewReviews (3,141)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hotel Liabeny was the best choice for our first time in Madrid. It is in the centre of everything, close to metro stations and very comfortable. The room itself was spacious, clean and well kept. We had a room facing the street, but weren't ever disturbed by noise outside. The staff were very kind and helpful, particularly Pedro, the concierge. My husband really likes breakfast, and Hotel Liabeny's breakfast was the best we had on the whole trip. Lots of selection, good quality food. It's definitely a must if you go to Madrid!

1  Thank Deb C
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed four nights in this hotel and it was an overall good experience. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the rooms spotlessly clean (though dated) and the beds very comfortable. We had the buffet breakfast one day and the food and choices were great - it was just a bit expensive for the small amount we actually ate. The other mornings, we ate breakfast (and one lunch) in the attached "cafeteria". You can either grab a pastry and coffee at the bar, or sit down and order from the bigger menu (we did both). Food and service were top notch.

As mentioned, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, but could use an update. One word of caution is that the tub/shower combinations are quite narrow. I don't think they would be comfortable for a large person to use.

The most important advice I can give anyone that is going to stay at the Liabeny is to choose an inside facing room. We had a room on the fifth floor (510) that was located near Plaza del Carmen and we were not able to sleep well at all. There are a couple of bars located on the Plaza and people were on the streets shouting and carrying on until 6:00 in the morning. Even with earplugs it was hard to sleep. I don't think this should stop you from staying at the Liabeny, but you should definitely choose an inside room.

Room Tip: Choose an inside-facing room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dep0515
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First of all, I happened to leave a fairly sizeable amount of money in the hotel safe and didn't realize it until I had left Madrid. I called and they had found the money and shipped it to me. This is one of the reasons why I stay at the Liabeny every time I'm in Madrid. Staff is friendly, helpful and courteous. Everybody talks about the location, but it's things like this that make this hotel special.
As I had previously noted in an earlier review, I always get an inside facing room. No view, but no noise at night either. No problem sleeping. Rooms are clean. What more do you want? Also, I'm not into big buffet breakfasts, so I always use the cafeteria attached to the hotel. For me, cereal and coffee is the norm, so I don't have to pay the big price for the buffet.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the inside if you want a good night sleep!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JimDel10
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for many years, and hope to stay in our future trips.I recommend the Liabeny with closed eyes. It is excellent. The location, the friendliness of the staff is outstanding.

Room Tip: I prefer inside rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MBM1929
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is ideally placed, especially for a first-time visitor to Madrid. Just off the Puerta del Sol where the metro goes from the airport, all the main attractions, including the Art Galleries, are within easy walking distance. The hotel is very comfortable with well appointed bedrooms and bathrooms and the breakfast was extensive with plenty of fresh fruit.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the side which looks out on to the Plaza del Carmen.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoMick40
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here with my wife for 5 nights.
The hotel is located exactly where you want to be.
1 min from Puerta del Sol and Gran Via.
The hotel itself is a little outdated, but very clean.
The bed in our room was very comfortable and again very clean.
The hotel had the A/C turned off, so one has to open the window...however it was 5 C outside.
We changed room from the front, with a view to a room with no view at the back.
The reason was the noisy square opposite.
The room in the back was perfect: very quiete.
I would deffienetly return, but only stay in a room not on the street side.
The staff by the way, were very very friendly and always helpfull.

Room Tip: Take a room off the street, facing the back, much quieter.
1  Thank DAN1455