Hotel Liabeny
$126
$294
$278
3,350 results
All reviewspuerta del solgreat locationwithin walking distancecentral locationplaza mayorgood sizestreet noiseexcellent hotelsingle roomshort walkstar hotelbreakfast was excellentside streetwould definitely stay here againwalked everywhereroyal palacemajor attractions
Reviewed November 15, 2012

As mentioned before, a perfect location near Puerte de Sol.
The rooms are good, clean bathroom with plenty of towels.
Clean sheets on the beds each day. The room was quite warm (in November) and the only way we could get a bit cooler was to open the window.
The concierge was very good, he printed my boardingpasses in a few minutes. That's SERVICE!!

Room Tip: as often mentioned, floor 5 or higher, preferable at the rear.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The best hotel from my point of view. Every time I come to Madrid, I stay here. Excellent restaurant, excellent service, nice and very clean rooms, free wi-fi, fitness room and sauna. It was enough for me to stay here once and since then I don't go elsewhere. Try it, too, and you shall understand why!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel nailed it on many accounts. Clean rooms, sheets, bathroom, comffffyyyy bed...good service over all. AC worked fine. TV had limited english channels but did the job. Location was terrific only two minutes walk (not even) and your at Grand Via. Customer service is excellent. Haven't tried their food so can't help you on that. Everything is pretty much close to this hotel, restuarants, small grocery shops, Hop-On/Off buses. A bit higher than average when it comes to price... but it delivered and meet my expecations.

Staff in front desk spoke good English.

Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of October and to start positive, breakfast and location was excellent. Then...

1) They had turned off the air-conditions for the year so although the days were warm and sunny, my little private bakery could not be cooled down. Opening the window did not help. It was really hard to sleep.

2) The single rooms are tiny. You have 1m on each side of the bed to move. (bed in the middle of the room). The opening to the shower is very small (45 cm) and had to walk sideways into the shower. I can only imagine the problems slightly overweight people would have.

3) There is no iron/iron-board in the room and you cannot get one sent to the room either (at least this is what I was told when I called the reception) . You have to hand it in and pay extra... Unless you pay even more you won't have it until the next day. There is no way of getting it in the same morning, so, I had to go to my meeting in a basic 2Euro T-shirt…

4) WiFi is free, but what does that help when it is too slow to download anything from the home company server. (0.44 Mbit/s)

Room Tip: Do not take a single room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AOSRTraveller
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed in the Liabeny for two nights in October during out month stay in Spain. We stayed there because our 1st choice, the Atlantico, could not add two more nights to our unexpected stay. We opted to stay at the Liabeny because it was close to a music event we were attending and we did not want to walk too far or take transportation. It is an older hotel with old world standards. It is not as modern as I would like. Although it cost more than the Atlantico, it worked out well for us. The buffet breakfast was expensive so we only ate there once. The rooms are clean and service is professional and impeccable. Were it not for the change in our schedule, I would not have selected this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple