Hotel Liabeny
$320
  • Room Service
$316
3,351 results
All reviewspuerta del solgreat locationwithin walking distancecentral locationplaza mayorgood sizestreet noiseexcellent hotelsingle roomshort walkstar hotelbreakfast was excellentside streetwould definitely stay here againwalked everywhereroyal palacemajor attractions
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is close to the centre of Madrid which is great. Rooms always spotless after cleaned. Old guy at reception was rude as, checking in & out. We are a younger couple and I got the sense that he was somehow affronted by this. The younger staff and cleaners all very friendly otherwise.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with friends for a girly weekend. The location, as other reviewers have mentioned, is great. You can easily walk every where and Madrid is a great city for walking in as there is so much to see. As must is the Mercado San Miguel - so many different kinds of food and drinks to enjoy!

The hotel is old fashioned and whilst the staff were polite they weren't overly attentive. There were 4 or 5 members of staff standing in reception but no one came to open the door or greet you as you arrived etc. The service in the bar was incredibly slow and we waited some 40 minutes for the bar tender to arrive and then another 20 minutes for our drinks - luckily we weren't in a hurry! However the drinks are very reasonably priced.

The rooms are OK and have every thing you need for a weekend away. They are dated and a little dark, but as we weren't in them for very long it didn't really bother me. The one thing that did bother me a little was that there wasn't an extra lock on the door. This made me feel a little uneasy that some one could enter if they had a master key or similar whilst you were inside. I would have felt more at ease if there would have been another lock that I could control.

My room overlooked the front of the hotel and was on the second floor - it was fairly noisy between 3 and 6am from clubbers heading home. Perhaps a room on a higher floor or in another part of the hotel would be quieter.

You can get WIFI and just need to ask reception for a code.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for couples looking for romance, but groups looking for a central base would benefit from staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The public spaces are fine but old fashioned, and there's a gym and sauna. The breakfast buffet is very good and so is the overall hotel service. Dinner in the restaurant was very good. The rooms are furnished in late 60's style with very worn dark wood furniture, with ugly worn and not very clean stripped carpeting, low beds, Bathroom was above average. The rooms are very depressing visually, although very quiet for so central a location due to double glazing and the hotel's position on the corner of 2 pedestrian streets closed to traffic. Needs complete room renovation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I always read reviews and research location before booking a hotel, and my research paid off with the Liabeny. It was so convenient---we walked everywhere. The only confusion is the little maze of streets surrounding the hotel. Some are pedestrianized, and not on my trusty map. So we got confused a few times returning after a long day. Easy to find from Gran Via, not as easy at night from streets to the south. But that was part of the fun. I loved the look of the hotel---classic and quietly elegant lobby, with lots of seating. We didn't use the bar and restaurant, but they looked very nice. The staff was excellent, very helpful, courteous and efficient. My single room was small but comfortable, with no view, but my friend's room was larger. We were on the 6th floor, so we heard no noise at all. The carpets are a bit dated, but the rooms were very clean, and the bathrooms and showers were a good size. Wifi was good, with the hotel password. I guess I'm in the "older traveler" category now, and the hotel atmosphere appealed to me. Not really hip, but classic, and I felt safe. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: I imagine being on the sixth floor helped with the street noise situation. I heard no noise at all.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Just about 100 metres from puerta del sol the hotel is centrally located for metro bus entertainment and food. our room was spacious and clean. would definitely use this hotel again. area felt really safe and was buzzing well into the early hours

• Stayed: October 2012