“Enjoyed our Stay”

Ranked #48 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Rocky River, Ohio
“Enjoyed our Stay”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights on recent trip to Spain. The hotel is in an ideal location for visting the sights of Madrid and is only a few minutes walk from most places. Our room was very comfortable and located in side street so the noise at night was not too loud. The hotel breakfast was very good with a number of hot and cold selections. This hotel cetainly deserves its TA rating

Room Tip: rooms on the upper floors have less street noise
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rivertrader46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wyncote, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My family and I stayed here for New Year's eve. I was expecting the typical small room and high prices that I tend to find in the EU. This was anything but. The prices were quite reasonable, the rooms were excellent (our kids stayed in an adjoining room, which worked out well), and the service was wonderful. About the only ding I have is the free WiFi, which is fast but logs you out each time your phone goes to sleep. Breakfast is a great value as well. The hotel is also well located near the Puerta del Sol.

3 Thank gynmd
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful trip to Spain (Madrid and Toledo) in September 2011. We stayed at Hotel Liabeny for all 8 nights of our trip, and found the hotel to be welcoming, comfortable, and phenomenally well-located near Puerta del Sol (historical significance; metro stop; many vendors and demonstrators) and Plaza Mayor (historical significance; many fine restaurants, vendors, and artists/musicians nearby).

Additionally, while perhaps not culturally significant, El Cortes Ingles (an extremely large department store which even includes a grocery, travel agency, and wine shop) is only 1-2 blocks away from Hotel Liabeny. That was very handy for last-minute "necessities" like additional memory cards for our camera, more contact solution, and food supplies for our picnic at Retiro Park.

Our room at Hotel Liabeny included daily breakfast, which my husband and I agreed was excellent, hands-down the very best that has ever been included in our European hotel rooms. Some books note that the Spanish diet does not emphasize fruits, and that these can be difficult to find while traveling. This was not our experience at Hotel Liabeny, however! Each day of our trip, my husband and I enjoyed a wide array of fruits, including pears and kiwi! We also enjoyed eggs, cereal, juices, and several types of meats. Delicious!

Based on suggestions from travel books, I e-mailed the Hotel Liabeny staff a few weeks before leaving for Spain and requested a non-smoking room on a higher floor. The staff was very attentive, and accommodated this request without any trouble. One night, I did wake up to a little street noise, but I feel back asleep without much difficulty. This only happened once, however, and, in my opinion, was a small price to pay for the hotel's superb location. I would suggest that guests consider requesting a room on a higher floor, as it seems that this may have solved some of the street noise problems that others experienced.

One side note, in September 2011, the church across from the hotel was being repaired, and was in a state of construction-related disarray. There were a few homeless people who slept with their dogs next to the church each night. They never bothered my husband or me, but their constant presence and the relatively unsecured state of the church did concern me a little. I would imagine, however, that this will be less of a problem once the church restoration process is complete. For all I know, this may have already happened.

My husband and I adored Madrid, and cannot wait to return some day! Of the major European cities we have visited, Madrid is, by far, our favorite. We would highly recommend a trip to Madrid and a stay at Hotel Liabeny.

Room Tip: As I mentioned in my review, I would recommend requesting a room on one of the higher floors of the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank kmathewsr
Memphis, TN
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We arrived on Christmas day, the whole city was decorated with lights. The staff was very friendly and pointed us to the nearby plazas in the area. The rooms were very comfortable. Nice bathrooms. So many hotels these days all look alike with the similar bedding and sleek, impersonal furniture and those little useless covers on the foot of the bed, but this room had a lot of character if even a bit dated. The breakfast was really good. There are many restaurants in the area. It is also close to a hop on hop off bus, that is a lot of fun and worth doing if you have little time.

Room Tip: a taxi ride cost us about 45 euros.
2 Thank filisann
ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Good location, near to everything.Very good breakfast and tasty. Clean but not for 4stars hotel.
The staff very friendly but difficult to comunicate if you don't speak spanish.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank NIK021978
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We didn't know Madrid when we booked and were delighted to find the location of the hotel was walking distance to everything we wanted to do. Plus although it was in a busy area it is on a quiet street so doesn't get the noise. Rooms were very nice and well serviced. We arrived early and were given access to the rooms. We booked a great rate through Expedia and were given the rooms right above the entrance to the hotel. Rooms were just fine but it was a little noisy with the main hotel doors opening frequently and late arrivals making noise. I would stay here again but ask for a different location.
Make sure you check out the nearby food markets in the evening as you can have a great dinner just wandering around the market and buying small serves of various foods. easy walk to palace and Prada museum.
We loved Madrid and would stay at the liabeny again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above entry
6 Thank tiel
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Really good hotel including all the convinience a client needs..Good size of the room..cleaningness satisfing..( they tide up twice a day!)..a wonderful breakfast (it is really great value money , if breakfast is included in price, otherwise it is expensive as in almost all hotels in madrid) .The hotel is very central ,that means full noisy people strolling around all day and night, however tha soundproof in hotel is really working well!

Room Tip: location, breakfast and because it may make a good money-value offer!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends