2,195 results
All reviews the club lounge platinum ambassador gregorio maranon paseo de la castellana business district an upgrade beautiful hotel five star hotel business trip paella city centre breakfast buffet metro station nice room long weekend mini bar plaza mayor
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2018

Before retiring for the evening, I decided to visit the lobby bar for a nightcap. I ordered a glass of the Spanish red wine. It was enjoyable, but what really "hit the spot" were the assortment of complimentary snacks of potato chips, olives, and nuts. I truly enjoyed the nuts that were roasted in garlic. Awesome! What a great surprise! This lobby bar is going to be my MUST DO next time that I am staying overnight at this property; I look forward to my next visit.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ICMadrid, General Manager at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Dear Platinum85,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review of InterContinental Madrid.

I am really glad to read that your NIGHTCAP DRINK was really enjoyable,and that you really liked were the complimentary snacks that we serve together with all the orders. Looking forward to welcoming you back in a very near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Definitely a customer service mentality with the staff - they exhibited it in the way the provide thoughtful and considerate service to you, even minor things like super glue. Room size is ok - not the most spacious but enough room and clean. Noise cancellation wall isn’t great as it can get noise. No swimming pool which is a disappointment

Date of stay: March 2018
ICMadrid, General Manager at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Dear Sheana C,

Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay with us at InterContinental Madrid.

At InterContinental Madrid , we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and we are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. It is always very pleasing to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests.

We appreciate you sharing your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

I stayed here with my partner in January 2018.

The hotel is centrally located and is easily accessed from Barajas Airport.

On arrival, we were greeted by the doorman and by a friendly receptionist. We were checked into a nice room quickly.

The only downside was that the room we had was classified as a room "with Club Lounge Access", but we were told it did not actually include this. As an IHG regular, this is the first time I have found this.

Overall, the hotel was of a good standard, if not a little tired. But I would stay again, if in the area.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ICMadrid, General Manager at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Dear EuroTravxx,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Madrid and for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is very nice to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you liked how you were greeted by our staff as well the location.

All guest comments are taken immensely seriously and they are used to review and fine tune our operations to ensure we continue to improve the guest experience

We look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Madrid in the near future.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

first , let me state that I am a loyal club member of the Intercontinental chain[4 stars] and the four seasons hotel chain.[5 stars]

I have stayed in many Intercontinental hotels around the world , my third time this year in Europe. Why ? Because , I know what to expect . there are 4 stars , not five . period.

Now I booked 6 nights for myself and 3 for my grandson.
We were very satisfied with the Rooms ,the Bathrooms [bathrooms can be a real challenge in Europe even in 4 stars hotels].
someday ,I write an article about hotel bathrooms around the world but that's another story!
4th floor and 8th floors.. very quiet!
Service is outstanding ! very friendly , rapid,efficent . first class.
I highly recommend the breakfast buffet which is outstanding!
the hotel's location is excellent , close by old Madrid very nice large avenue for pedestrians to walk ..
concierge services are excellent ! under Juan George's leadership .
my only critic the hotel is the armchairs and chairs in the rooms ! they have seen better days , they are old and not comfortable at all .
a good thing I did not watch much TV ! but please , replace those old chairs !
another intercontinental hotel almost up to standard .!

Room tip: all floors are quiet . 8th floor is the best. a real view
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ICMadrid, General Manager at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Dear guyjcarson,

Please let me thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Our team, are indeed our greatest asset, so I am thrilled to hear that you found them excellent and attentive. I shall be sure pass on your positive feedback to our knowledgeable and helpful concierge as well as the rest of the team..
The team take pleasure in ensuring that our guests are well looked after ensuring that each stay is memorable.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback,and we greatly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

The InterConnential Madrid is centrally located near the Metro and close to good restaurants. The rooms are good but the bath good use some work. The tub has a shower over the tub with a glass door that should open but was stuck closed. To get into the tub for a shower was a little awkward and would definitely be a hazard for older people or anyone with a handicap. WiFi was free and pretty good. Breakfast was good as it was included but not sure it would be a great value if we paid for the breakfast.

Date of stay: February 2018
ICMadrid, General Manager at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Dear 408Steve,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us all after your recent stay at InterContinental Madrid.

As a value customer, we appreciate your feedback and are glad that you had an enjoyable stay,and do apologise for the issues you had with the shower.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service. Thank you again for your time and we all look forward to welcoming you back in a very near future.