“Very Comfortable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We only stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on a weekend trip to Madrid but found the hotel very comfortable. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and our room was clean and of a good standard. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as it was 38 Euros so we ate out. The bed was very comfortable and I like the idea that you can choose your pillows!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paddypatel
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Paddypatel,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel on trip advisor.

We are happy to know you have enjoyed your stay and you like our Pillow menu!

Looking forward to welcoming you very soon.

Kind regards from Madrid.

Manrique Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have just had a 3 night stay at the Intercontinental Madrid. Our rate of 290 euros per night for a Club Room and use of the lounge proved to be excellent value. We were upgraded to a junior suite which was much appreciated.
The hotel is traditional/classic in its decor. While it has been accused of being "tired", I did not find this to be the case. The quality of the fit-out retains a timeless quality.
The Club lounge provided excellent breakfast and snacks throughout the day.
The hotel gym was very well-equipped.
Staff were always friendly and helpful.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel, and I would definitely stay there again when returning to Madrid.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra, book a club floor room.
4 Thank ___Dr__J0Hn___
ICMadrid, Director General at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear DrJ0Hn,

Thank you very for sharing your experience on trip advisor.

We are very pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay and loved our Club Lounge and Hotel facilities.

We will be very happy to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to let me know before your stay at manrique.rodriguez@ihg.com.

Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was my wife and my first trip to Madrid and we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and we booked this hotel based on reviews that we had read. Prior to our arrival I emailed the hotel to inform then that we would be checking in late and also requested a room on the 7th floor with a balcony. I received an email back within hours saying that we had been booked onto the 7th Floor. On checking in, we were asked to join the Priority Club for free, which meant we received free wireless during our stay. The welcome we received from the doorman to the receptionists we lovely. When we arrived in our room, the hotel had left a complimentary bottle of champagne, which was a nice surprise with a small note welcoming us to the hotel and Madrid. Each morning, we ate breakfast in the hotel and the choice was impressive, from cooked breakfast, continental breakfast and also fresh fruits and pastries. Each day we traveled from the hotel to various places and the location of the hotel was perfect, close to the Metro and also the bus stops, but we tended to walk most places.

We had a wonderful stay in this hotel and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 7th Floor with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tim C
Dear Tim C,

We would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with other travellers.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to celebrate many years of wedding anniversary.

London
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I often stay at this hotel when travelling on business and in my view it is nothing short of perfection. It is very much fit for purpose if what you are seeking is:
- A perfectly clean / functional room with all the comforts (e.g. iron, iron board, comfortable furniture to actually work in the room without getting a backache, good TV menu with local and foreign channels, most comfortable bed and pillows ever, everything is in pristine condition and perfectly clean)
- Professional Staff; every request I have is always well executed, always on time and with a nice smile from every member of the staff. Examples include early morning wake up calls whereby it's a member of the staff and not a recorded voice mail to wake up guests at the requested time and then 15 mins later just to make sure that you are awake - that's a very nice touch! Once I got sick at the hotel with flue and the staff was very caring throughout my stay providing me with medicines and attending to my every need.
- Fast Internet Connection, free if you are a member of the InterContinental Club
- Great Central Location
- Good Food, even the room service menu is top notch really...
- Decently priced, you pay for quality
Most definitely one of my favorite hotels in Madrid!

4 Thank MrsMinnie_UK
Dear MrsMinnie_UK,

All InterContinental Madrid team would like to thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and people.

Looking forward to welcoming you very soon,
Doha, Qa
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stay was wonderful, though the hotel was kinda of remote as no much to see around. However, the hotel is great and the staff are wonderfully kind people. Breakfast was ok, but would rather to have it outside the hotel as it would cheaper and valuable

Room Tip: If you dont like your rome, change it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ammn11
Dear Ammn11,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay.

I would like to recommend you to visit our Concierge Team in order they can give you some tips of places to visit near the hotel, also some nice restaurants. Also you reach them at madridconcierge@ihg.com.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon.

St. Paul, MN
Reviewed October 13, 2013

On the plus side, this is a lovely grand old hotel. Yes, it could use a little updating (older carpet, etc), but the location was great for easy access to bus/train in Madrid. Staff was very courteous.

My only issue is that the hotel and its amenities are priced for a five-star experience (20 euros for a glass of beer and wine/22 euros each for breakfast, etc.). While I understand that this typically happens in a five-star hotel, our experience didn't always match up with the five stars.

As an example, when we were guided to our room, there were a stack of dishes left by housekeeping from the previous guest that remained at our front door through the entire next day. The atrium area that our room faced was a great means to channel noise - and the management seemed unwilling to do anything about the loud talking that continued throughout the night, or even the banging of silverware (staff, perhaps?) during the day when we were resting (jet lag). Simple things, but they add up. I certainly wouldn't think twice about them elsewhere if we weren't paying these rates. .

I might consider staying here again, but I don't think it's too much to ask that five star prices produce a five star experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Latte4me,

Thank you for your review.

I’m happy to hear you liked our hote, facilities and location. However, I am certainly disappointed by the lack of cleanliness you experienced in your corridor. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, as I suspect you saw through out the rest of the property. Your experience falls way below our standards.

Please reach out to me personally at manrique.rodriguez@ihg.com with your check in
date and confirmation number. With this information I can investigate what fell through in
the cleaning process and ensure it won’t happen again.

Also, before booking your next stay, contact me personally so we can go above and beyond your expectations!

Thankn you very much,

Paris, France
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in a suite at the 6 floor. The room was large very we'll furnished with a nice view. The bed was extremely comfortable.. I slept like a baby. The bathroom is large but old, not at the level or to 4 star hotel. However the internet connection work perfectly and the room with a double door is perfectly quiet. I could access the club lounge,the food is good and It is cosy. We can take your breakfast in a nice and quite area and the staff pampers you. The gym is well equipped but small, we need to go early in the morning. What I found fabulous is the staff.. When I left the hotel I forgot some luggages, they organize everything to deliver directly at home !

Room Tip: Ask for the room executive it is fat comfortablt
1 Thank Balto
ICMadrid, General Manager at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Balto,

We are very happy to know you have had a wonderful stay with us.

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion on trip advisor.