New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Barranquilla, Colombia
“very comfortable bedroom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed here twice and I have to say that the beds are so comfortable, nice pillows, very clean room and bathroom, definitely one of my favorites hotels and I hope I back someday again. Very good breakfast and food in general super good. Gym was ok, but what I loved more was the bed quality I really had a nice rest on it, it helped me to relax in my business trip there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
16 Thank bonita v
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear guest,

We are very pleased to know you have enjoyed in our hotel and have had the opportunity to rest!

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back on Madrid very soon.

We wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

A.Fernandez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel has all the attributes of a luxury one. I had the chance to have a spacious room, with a huge terrace that gave me the opportunity to enjoy a bit of the autumn sun. The room in itself was very comfortable, the room service at a very good level.
The breakfast around the patio is very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank FredK1412
Dear guest,

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay and autumn in Madrid.

For us is a satisfaction to know that the expectations that you had have been met for such a valuable guest like you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

On the meantime we wish you a MERRY CHRISMAST!

Drogheda, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was with my wife in Madrit for 3 days on our anniversary .The hotel is nice and staff very friendly and helpfull .
It is a bit disappointing that waiters in the restaurant doesn't speak english at all what is inappropriate for 5* hotel. However we had a great time. Will be back as soon as we improove our Spanish ;-) .

Room Tip: Inside room is very dark . Hard to see day light .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank PeterBellRoi
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Your overall comments are extremely precious to us as it allows us to discuss concrete guest experiences with our teams.

Looking forward to welcoming you very soon.
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were in Madrid for a 3-4 city break. The hotel is quite typical of an intercontinental. The reception is rather small but there is a concierge which were always helpful. The lobby bar is large with a pleasant atmosphere.

In general all staff were very friendly throughout the stay. The sunday brunch was excellent, I have to say the best I've ever had but in fact the hotel is famous for this in Madrid.

It isn't centrally located (centre about 4 km away) but located on a pleasant main boulevard leading out from the centre.

The hotel has a great gym but unfortunately no sauna or jacuzzi. A garage is also available.

I would recommend the hotel to prospective travellers.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are small. Try a different category.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Roberto D
Dear guest,

We are thrilled that your experience at the InterContinental Madrid has been so good. We take pride in knowing that we have become one of your favourite hotels in Madrid. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority.

We hope to welcome you again very soon,

A. Fernández
Salisbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have just stayed on business in this hotel for one night and found it to be perfect in all aspects.
I only booked a standard double for single occupancy owing to the high cost which with breakfast cost just over £200. However, the room was spacious and spotless with a walk in shower, bath and double sink, separate toilet with bidet and lounge area with sofa and coffee tabe one side and a writing desk the other.
The staff were very courteous and helpful and couldn't do enough for you.
The breakfast was amazing! There was just about everything you could imagine and was was of the highest quality that I have ever experienced in a city hotel before.

Room Tip: Expensive, but worth it of you wany luxury and a great breakfast
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
15 Thank TravellerSalisbury
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. Guest comments like yours really make us feel that all the hard work that we put into every guest visit, pays off.

We are thrilled that your experience with us has been so good resulting in an amazing overall experience in Madrid.

We sure will pass along your comment about our concierge staff. They are always at the guest disposal for any assistance that they can provide, whether it’s for dinner reservations, directions or tickets of any kind.

We hope to welcome you back very soon to our hotel,

A. Fernández
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed a few times in this hotel recently. The rooms are very fine although it can be a bit noisy when you keep the windows open. Check-in and concierge were all friendly and willing to help, which is not always the case in Spanish hotels. The club lounge is a bit small but serves the purpose for a drink and for breakfast. The bar area is old fashioned but has some character. Especially the gym would benefit from an upgrade whilst also some of the other parts (eg restaurant) needs some new ideas.

Room Tip: if you are sensitive to noise ask for a room away from the street side
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Travel12370
ICMadrid, Executive Office at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your review of the InterContinental Madrid. It is always rewarding when guests takes time out of their day to let us know about their experience at the hotel.

We appreciate all your input about the areas that you think should be refurbished and we'll send your comments to the department in charge to look into it. We will also make sure that all your comments about the friendliness of our staff will be shared with them to ensure that they keep motivated and continue with the good work.

Hoping to welcoming you back very soon,

A. Fernandez
Saint-Etienne, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

From my bedroom (number 422) I could hear outside traffic noise until 11:00 pm and the next morning from 06:00 am (I did not need to use my alarm clock to wake up). My bed was noisy when I moved (it reminded me a youth hostel bed in my student years). The gym is open 24 hours a day. There are 2 treadmills in English for a speed indicator in miles and only one in Spanish for kilometres. I have seen better and more modern equipment in other hotels. Quite honestly, given the luxury brand, I think the management could improve the rooms (noise insulating windows) and the gym (more modern equipment) wihout much of an effort. As for the rest nothing to complain about. The staff is very friendly and efficient, front desk provides fast check-in and check-out, room service is very good, concierge also good. The restaurant offers an excellent breakfast buffet that can be complemented with side orders à la carte without extra-cost. The gym is free for hotels guests. Despite the noise my bedroom was very clean and comfortable. I do not think that you can find a better hotel in Madrid for a similar cost. Because of the service, if I visit Madrid again, I will likely return to this hotel. I will insist in a different room to the back side of the building, preferably on a higher floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank ALEX R
ICMadrid, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing the InterContinental Madrid and for dedicating some of your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent visit to Madrid.

We appreciate your comments, assuring you that I have passed them to the corresponding Heads of Department involved, in order to take your suggestions under serious consideration to improve the issues that you experienced during your stay.
Also thank you for your kind words related to our staff that I will share with all of them and encourages us to keep up a high level of service.

Thank you again, and Obviously on your next stay, we will make sure to find you a more suitable location, where we hope you can enjoy a good night sleep.

Yours sincerely,