InterContinental Madrid
Agoda.com
$204
Only YOU Hotels
1,999 results
All reviewsthe club loungeruben darioplatinum ambassadorbooked a club roomgregorio maranonpaseo de la castellanabusiness districtan upgradebeautiful hotelfive star hotelbusiness triptwo metro stationspaellacity centrenice roomlong weekendmini bar
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed at ICH at the weekend prior to a business trip and would make the following observations.
1) Room upgraded to a high floor with an outside balcony as part of Ambassador membership. The room was 2 single beds though - no good for my height and I changed rooms. Membership didn't give me any club lounge access and I received nothing like water on arrival or a newspaper.
2) Breakfast is very poor. The hot buffet is easily the worst I have seen in a few years for the quality of hotel. Bacon was missing for 2 days and I had to ask for it. Most of the hot buffet looks very unappetising. Milk doesn't come with the tea and has to be asked for. Difficult to get staff attention.
3) No newspapers. Anywhere. I have never been in a 4star hotel before where newspapers weren't available to guests as standard in the breakfast area.
4) Staff at dinner were much better but its pretty expensive, A starter of truffled eggs (which turns out to be 2 fried eggs with some fried potato on the side) was about 20 euros.
5) Wifi is extremely expensive at 20 euros a day. 3 English channels (all news)
On the positive side:
Rooms are pretty generous. Its a good area with good links and I could walk to the centre pretty easily (20 mins).
The fitness area was reasonable with free weights.

I'm not sure of other hotels but if I came to Madrid it would be 50/50 if I used the hotel again. It just feels like you pay decent money but the hotel is looking to extract more and more.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jonwells1
ICMadrid, PA at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for have chosen InterContinental Madrid for your staying as well as given your opinion to us which is very helpful.

I am so sorry for hear that about your stay in our Hotel. I wish it could have been other way as it was and I would like to apologize because of all incidents and bad situations that you had been trough.

Regarding your comment about the lack of newspaper, I would like to clarify that you can found them at Concierge, at our Restaurant and also in our Club Lounge. All our teams are happy to help you with any issue during your stay.

We always try to satisfied to every Guest and make each stay unique and unforgettable. We have taken the feedback seriously to change the situations that had affected to your stay and we have taken the correct measures for change them.

It would be a pleasure to have you back at our Hotel and get back your trust in us by giving you a better service, if we have the chance.

Yours faithfully,
A.Fernandez

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Very nice hotel, a little bit outside the center, but due to the perfect public transport in Madrid, it does not matter, even from the airport, the subway bring you there in 25 minutes . Infrastructure, service and breakfast are perfect.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
21  Thank Marja-Alain

Dear guest,

Thank you for have chosen our Hotel for your stay and for your good feedback. Our team is very proud to hear that.

It is a pleasure to have given you our best service to make your stay wonderful and make the trip easily to move around and visit Madrid.

I hope you found everything as you needed and it would be a pleasure to see you back in our Hotel.

Sinceresly,

Reviewed June 29, 2011

You definitely get what you pay for, and it is a beautiful hotel, great rooms, not too small considering it's europe. The carpet is clean, mattresses are soft and nice lines. Fluffy bathroom towels and robes. The serve a great buffet breakfast, complete with hams, sardines, fruits, cereals, breads...The service from the concierge is great,he can recommend where to go to eat or what to see. The front desk staff is also very welcoming and friendly. The metro stops are just a block away. so it's easy to get to the tourist sites. It's not close if you walk by foot. It's a bit far for walking to the hot spots, its a little out of the way,but if you use the metro, it's easy to get around.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
20  Thank TinaMGonzalez
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Very nice hotel. The club room lounge is very well appointed with breakfast and all day snaks.

The room are ample with King Size Bed. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank maimonidesflorida
ICMadrid, PA at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your nice feedback and positive rating.

With best regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2011

A birthday treat for my wife and she wasn't disappointed. The IC is situated in a peaceful and upmarket part of the City with excellent links to the Old City and Airport. The metro station is a couple of mins walk away, with an excellent network that is cheap & very safe to use (city centre 10 mins , Airport 20-25 mins) , runs until around 1.30am.
We had a Club room , a decent sized room with a very comfortable bed, large flatscreen TV with the usual channels, complimentary water (but no fruit basket !!). Nice bathroom & shower with a separate room for the toilet and bidet. The room was air conditioned (34C outside) overlooking the courtyard, so very quiet. We also had access to the Club lounge offering the usual freebies and ambiance. Very good breakfast, an excellent opportunity to sample the Iberian Ham for free!! They even have an egg menu - given the choice of local produce, artisan breads, fish, fruit I skipped the usual cooked breakfast.
The service was first rate , friendly and very helpful at every level and not because we were staying in a club room. We definitely want to return to Madrid for a longer visit and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
21  Thank ChrisBD
ICMadrid, PA at InterContinental Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Our dear guest,

Thank you for your nice feedback and positive rating. We do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to InterContinental Madrid in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival in order to have everything ready for you.

Yours faithfully,