“Acceptable for One Night Near Airport”

Hotel Villa De Barajas
Ranked #272 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hotel was decent for the modest price. My room had a full-size bed, small desk, TV, small bath, closet space, and a very tiny enclosed balcony just deep enough for a chair - and it was air conditioned. The hotel has a nice complimentary continental breakfast and provides a free airport shuttle. It was clean but I felt a bit uncomfortable with its location and was even more uncertain based on the feeling I got at the front desk. As a solo female traveler I felt a bit unsafe inside the hotel hallways because it seemed there was little privacy with the elevators opening near the entrances to all the small rooms.i But the hotel staff were all pleasant and my tiny room was clean and comfortable. There is a Burger King next door and a small convenience store and one restaurant across the street. The shuttle never showed up at the airport, so I took a cab that ended up taking me to the wrong hotel a mile away. The correct hotel then sent its van to get me, which I appreciated. This hotel is far from any tourist destinations and about 2-3 miles from the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa De Barajas

Reviewed April 10, 2013

For a last day, good night's sleep before going home, this place was wonderful! We brought our luggage in the late morning (and our room was ready), registered and then took the car to the airport - they came to pick us up (almost immediately). Our room is clean, neat, quiet and the hotel staff are very pleasant, helpful and willing to give advise for restaurants and nearby necessities.. The room was tiny, but very adequate. The price is more than adequate. We are grateful for such a nice place to spend the last night in Spain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomatosal
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a place to crash for a few hours between flights. We really liked the proximity to the airport and the free shuttle. Upon arrival into Madrid-Barajas, we were told by the airport information desk that you had to call ahead of time and to have the shuttle pick you up. Also, it does not run 24 hours so for our 6am flight the next morning, we would have to arrange alternate transportation. €38 later, we arranged our transportation with Aerocity. The hotel is literally about ten minutes from the airport, which is nice. It looks really modern and almost like a club from the outside, but once we got out of the lobby and into our room, we saw that our "double bed" was just two twin beds pushed together. The TV remote control had some old food smeared on it. The room needed to be swept. I realized that as an airport hotel, I shouldn't be expecting too much, but I really couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Wake up and smell the coffee...people. You need a hotel at the airport to get in and out of the city/country....not for frills - the price is great and the staff will accommodate you. Go to Madrid and pay $150 -$250 and you can have all of those FRILLS....By the way Best Westerns are not the same in "all neighborhoods"......As far as the ones in England...well I stay and one for about the same price ....and guess what....no frills either....
I have stayed in this Hotel countless times, before it was a Best Western...when it was called Villa de Barajas. Barajas was a tini village that grew at the shaddows of the airport. The staff is what keeps me coming back.

Room Tip: Ask the concierge to reccomend ...depending on your requirements
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was the second Best Western we stayed at during a five day France and Spain visit. Nothing like the hotels in the UK, very basic and no frills. No food, no drinks, no choice. The hotel was well placed for our return flight the next day, and there were plenty of eating/drinking places all within walking distance. The staff at the hotel were very friendly, and helped us out, but the fact is the hotel is not of the quality that we are used to in the UK. Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a good quality hotel near the airport.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Frightening. Once I decided to stay and not sleep in the airport on the floor, I took two fingers and removed the nasty bed coverings and took a shower. Afterwards, I tried to watch television....it didn't work. I picked up the remote and there was a white substance on it that looked like...well. It was incredibly noisy all night. People slamming doors all hours. I got about 3 hours of sleep. It was cheap. In order to get the shuttle from the airport you have to call them to pick you up, but it costs me more to make international calls than to just take a taxi across the street. Stupid.

Room Tip: Bring a sleeping bag.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Rooms small, and mine only superficially cleaned.
Free shuttle to airport 5-10 mins distance only). A few restaurants nearby, which was lucky as didn't fancy the look of the restaurant at the hotel.
Someone smoking on our floor, but receptionist unwilling to sort it out.
Ok overall if you need somewhere close to airport for a few hours to sleep, otherwise better options available.

• Stayed: February 2013