“Terrifying”

Ranked #268 of 445 Hotels in Madrid
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Terrifying”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Frightening. Once I decided to stay and not sleep in the airport on the floor, I took two fingers and removed the nasty bed coverings and took a shower. Afterwards, I tried to watch television....it didn't work. I picked up the remote and there was a white substance on it that looked like...well. It was incredibly noisy all night. People slamming doors all hours. I got about 3 hours of sleep. It was cheap. In order to get the shuttle from the airport you have to call them to pick you up, but it costs me more to make international calls than to just take a taxi across the street. Stupid.

Room Tip: Bring a sleeping bag.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Rooms small, and mine only superficially cleaned.
Free shuttle to airport 5-10 mins distance only). A few restaurants nearby, which was lucky as didn't fancy the look of the restaurant at the hotel.
Someone smoking on our floor, but receptionist unwilling to sort it out.
Ok overall if you need somewhere close to airport for a few hours to sleep, otherwise better options available.

• Stayed February 2013
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here overnight twice because we had to catch a connecting flight the next day. The big appeal is that it is close to the airport and has a free shuttle. You must call the hotel from the airport when you arrive so they will come get you. We borrowed a phone from someone waiting at the hotel shuttle stop.

The rooms are very small, but they are clean and adequate for a one night stay. The buffet breakfast is pretty good but is not included with the room. My pet peeve is that you must pay 1 euro each time you want to use your room safe. Who charges for this? Bottom line is that this hotel is adequate for a layover between flights and nothing more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank armass
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Advantages:
1) near the airport and a 5 min walk from metro station
2) free wi-fi and 2 small laptops in the lobby which customers can use.
3) clean, as far as I could see.
4) hotel shuttle bus to/from the airport.

I stayed for a very short business trip. I could consider it even for vacations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Competa, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

After a long drive from Malaga to catch morning flight arrived at the hotel the staff were very pleasant and helpful the room was clean and comfortable we had a lot of luggage so maybe a little small but still good. Located in a good area quite near the airport shuttle service was excellent
would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
S.Pb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am looking for a hotel near the airport to spend the night before the next flight.I chose the BEST WESTERN and I do not regret the choice. Situated near the airport. There is a shuttle service. You can call to hotel from the airport and the shuttle will meet you.I did not wait for the shuttle and took a cab to the hotel (25 Euro). The next morning I took the shuttle to the airport at the time I just ordered (it's free).Hotel's room is not so large but very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is Buffet.The staff are very welcoming. The hotel has wi-fi. We had a good rest before the next flight. if I'm still going to travel with a night in Madrid, I'll choose it again.

Room Tip: I book a room for six months, when I was informed about the change in my flight. I chose the 100% pr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex O
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Barajas is a very pleasant small city near Madrid airport, no doubt named after the town. We were tired when we arrived from US via London, so we wanted to stay near the airport, but on the metro. This hotel filled the bill. They pick you up and drop you off at the airport. The hotel is modern, clean, well located on a main street, and near the metro. We stayed several nights, used the metro to visit Madrid every day, We would definitely stay again. It is not expensive.

Breakfast was not included, and not worth the cost, there are several small places nearby where breakfast is much less costly and more fun, where the locals have coffee and churros, or whatever.

Room Tip: All I know is we were on the top floor, it was quiet and had interesting views, including the sunset...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple