“Great Food, Small Portions”
Review of Il Particolare - CLOSED

Il Particolare
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Fareham, England, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Small Portions”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Had the Tapas elsewher but needed something more substantial to finish the night off so popped into iL Particolare adjacent to my Hotel. The set menu looked good but did not want three courses so went for a main pasta. Well it certainly was a case of 'quality not quantity'. What I had was great but €17 for a starter size portion was a bit steep. If you want to push the boat out and do the whole thing this could be the place to get away from the tapas thing but for a single main course not quite the ideal.

• Visited January 2013

Kyrenia District, Cyprus
“A Smartbox visit”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were given a Christmas present and chose to eat at this restaurant. The present provided a set menu for two but the owner was very accommodating and flexible with our choice since my wife is mostly vegetarian. The food was excellent, the service superb and I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. I cannot comment on prices as we didn't actually pay but I am sure it is good value. Cannot recommend this restaurant more highly

• Visited January 2013
“The best place to eat in madrid”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed two fantastic meals at this restaurant while in madrid. Both the food and service were high class, and I myself especially appreciated that the menu had highlighted specific foods on the menu to be either vegetarian or coeliac friendly. Most of all though the experience was great and we would both recommend this restaurant as a must. The prices were very reasonable and the waitress was very good with her recommendations on both the menu and wine list. Overall one of my favourite restaurants in Spain.

“Nice surprise!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic time at this restaurant. Excellent food and the right price. The staff spoke very good english. Very good selection of wines.

Forest Hills, New York
“Simple and tasty version of Spanish Paella”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a restaurant close to the Plaza de Oriente since our half-day tour to Aranjuez was not due to start until 3 p.m. Since we only had about an hour and 20 minutes, we had to stay in the Plaza de Oriente neighborhood. Il Particolare was open for lunch. We explained the time constraints and they were very accommodating. We shared a salad, paella as main course, and panna cotta for dessert. The Paella was nicely done: not too "busy," the rice was cooked in a nice broth, and the seafood in the paella was fresh. We enjoyed our delicious lunch and expressed just that in their guest book. The menu is extensive. Had we had more time in Madrid, we would have loved to come back for dinner.

• Visited September 2012