We stayed at this hotel on our vacation to Madrid in September 2013. I am handicapped and needed an accessible hotel. I can walk short distances but I use an electric scooter (similar to an electric wheelchair) so I needed a hotel that could accommodate me. Our accessible room was on the 2nd floor and was huge - king-size bed, a sofa, stereo system, large TV and a fully accessible bathroom. The hotel itself is very large, no real "atmosphere" - it could have been in any country. Mostly business people checking in as opposed to couples on vacation. An excellent breakfast buffet was included. The hotel was a 5 minute walk to the Metro station - Ventura Rodriguez - and a bus stop both of which we used to get to the Prado and the Reina Sofia museums on the other side of the city. The Royal Palace is approximately a 15 minute walk as is the Plaza Mayor so the location of the hotel was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa