This hotel feels right from the moment you swing through the revolving doors. The lobby looks like a lavish art installation full of modernist splendour, lavish lighting and plush furnishings. The receptionists are friendly and helpful - check in took a matter of minutes and there was no head scratching or niggling doubts about what we had to do. They are also on hand with maps and tips to get the most out of your trip.
The rest of the hotel is equally a palace of understated, chic style. It feels like a boutique hotel rather than an international chain.
The room we had was like a little apartment with a little hall way, big room with good lighting, a thick carpet, a comfortable reclining chair - as well as the usual TV, safe and glass top desk. For those with regimented standards you'll be pleased to know it is clinically clean, looks newly decorated and there isn't a lick of paint out of place. The bathroom has a powerful shower, a deep bath, good lighting, a sink, beday is nice and spacious. The bed had the most comfortable, fluffy pillows I've ever laid my head on.
There was also an expansive view of the bustling city too. Alright it wasn’t directly insight of a top attraction but it was better than a brick wall or loading bay.
So what's the catch? Erm, there isn't one. It is a minute away from the Metro which can get you to Sol and the heart of the city attractions in 5 minutes and an easy walk (10- 15 minutes) down the Grand Via.
We didn't try the food in the hotel as we were feasting of the delights of Madrid tapas. Saying that, we did order a late night/early morning cheese toastie on room service. For the record, that was good too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa