Hotel is very close to metro (Ventura Rodriguez) and near the hop-on-hop-off bus stop too. It is about 20 minutes walk from Sol area and it is a nice walk at night since it feels safe and we get to see the night life in Madrid on our way back to the hotel.
The room is a bit small than what I expected but it was comfortable. Free wifi with good speed. The bathroom was clean and fairly big too with standard Melia amenities. Bed is comfortable and we had a good sleep after a long trans Atlantic flight. Air conditioning was excellent on a 100F weather in Madrid!
Reception was not too friendly compared to the other Melia I've been to in Spain. I wanted to upgrade to The Level but unfortunately, they close the level in the summer months. We were always out touring the city so we did not have the time to see the pool area. We also did not have breakfast there so I cannot comment on their restaurants.
All in all, it's a good and comfortable place to stay in Madrid if you want to be in a quiet and not too busy part of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa