This hotel is nothing to look at from the outside, in fact it's a bit of an eyesore. Go in through the revolving doors however and you're transported to another world altogether! The hotel is decorated in a very modern and decadent style. The lobby is beautiful and the bar is lovely (although we didn't actually drink there as there were too many other places outside the hotel!). We had a standard double room which had a great sized and really comfy bed. The bathroom was clean and modern - although the sliding doors compromise a little on privacy. The room was of average size for a city centre hotel with a desk and comfy chair in the room as well. The location of the hotel is great, easy walking distance to Sol, Plaza Mayor, Gran Via, Latina where there are a wealth of tapas bars and restaurants to choose from to soak up the atmosphere of this wonderful city. We got a great last minute deal on this hotel and it was excellent value for money - I would highly recommend this hotel if staying in Madrid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa