I didn't book the most expensive room in this hotel but was still expecting a 5 star hotel would have some kind of a standard. I was sooo wrong. The rooms are small, the decoration sleezy, trying to be modern but cheaply done with plywood. The corridors are in horrible worn-out red carpet which reminds me of karaoke joints. Sound proofing is non existent so I heard everyone on the same floor slamming their doors. I found lip prints on tumblers in my room. The so-called spa is manned by a equally sleezy guy. The check-in process was certainly an experience - we were not treated politely nor professionally. Then we asked for a kettle for a cup of tea, the guy at the check-in desk flatly said they don't have kettles. I asked again later and another lady told me only people at superior rooms can have a kettle. It was so "nice" to be treated as a "valued" guest. Would I go back or recommend this to any one - absolutely NOT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Prodigios Interactivos SA so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa