Tripadvisor
Madrid
1,865 results
All reviews scotch bar guest relations paseo de la castellana turn down service metro station breakfast buffet five star hotel excellent hotel nespresso machine junior suite business trip nice room city centre tapas gregorio manana gym
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

After carefully studying which hotel to stay in, i chose this one for 4 reasons. 1) the spa looks amazing and i needed it 2)the 2 michelin restaurant as i am a food lover 3) they have rooms with balcony which for my health reasons is necesary as i get panic attacks in closed rooms with windows that dont open and finaly 4) i have been to many Hyatt Regency Hotels around the world and i have always been very pleased until this one.
i reserved on the 6th of january and i double checked yesterday (my arrival date 20th) of the already confirmed king room with balcony. 4 confirmations later, after a long trip only 15 minutes before my trains arrived i recieve an email saying they have to move me to a hotel of their choice the intercontinental due to so they called "operative and technical incidents" which actualy was that a group of clients are arriving so some of us had to leave of their choosing. I resend an email saying it was very important i stayed at this hotel as i arranged my meetings already and could not change as i only had 15 minutes to arrive to madrid plus most importantly my health making sure they understand i can NOT stay in closed up rooms as i get panic attacks...but nothing mattered obviosly as on arrival to the hotel they explained..they had no more rooms available and i had to understand.Excuse me? Well i dont and will not. So now i had to find a room..which obviosly had no balcony..rush to a pharmacy for pills to help me relax so i dont get an attack.. i lost my job offer as i couldn't get to my meeting on time as i was running around with a suitcase freezing cold finding where to stay..went back finaly devistated and asked for official complaint form and what a suprise..they had a room to offer me which obviosly i did not accept after this treatment. It is such a shame that the philosophy of this great hotel has changed..instead of caring for their clients who can pay...they prefer money.. my fault for not travelling with a group. So sorry. Now i know only goups of people are preferred at this hotel as more money would come in than only one person. I understand. Even if i had reserved it 2 weels befote hand.
I recieved many "i am so sorry" but what is that going to fix now? lost my job offer..some of my meetings i was able to re arrange.. some not all.. and my health is not at all good thanx to the Hyatt as i had no time..or i froze or i chose the first one closest to me. This is not acceptable for a 5 star hotel, what a shame they give a bad name to the Hyatt Regency hotels around the world which always had the correct philosphy before in caring for their clients..above all.
Note to hotel: Please look up what "confirmed"means for your future clients.. you have no right to play with peoples lives and then say sorry. First you should have asked me before you canceled my stay 15 minhtes before arrival if i could go to another...espexialy whrn i explained by email i chise this for the balcony for my health reasons. the only reason i would have accepted this treatment or cancelation was if the hotel was on fire ot infected with insects...otherwise confirmed 4 times MEANS CONFIRMED! This is not a 5 star Hotel..but a desperate one who one can not trust of their confirmations. I believe now the only thing good in this Hotel is the 2 star restaurant Santceloni which now i will never try as it goes through the Hotel. Shame on you!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
GuestRelationsHHM, Carolina Basterrechea, Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ranarouni,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to comment on our Hotel. We highly value your opinion for process of continuous improvement and as a base for making our guests stay more enjoyable every time.

We would like to apologize for this unusual accumulations of shortcomings. As we have talked with you personally, we are following up on these issues and we are really sorry the situation that you have passed.

We hope that you will reconsider to stay at our Hotel on your next visit to Madrid. All the staff remains to your attention in case you would like to make any additional remarks, or for any further inquiries.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed January 7, 2020

This stay was perfect at every step. Great service, amazing food, rooms clean and comfortable. We were well cared for from reservations to departure. Would recommend to anyone visiting Madrid and would stay again myself.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GuestRelationsHHM, Marta Escauriaza, Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Dear Jprice6,

On behalf of all the Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid team, we would like to thank you for trusting us and for taking your time to leave your review! It was such an honor welcoming you with us!

We feel more than pleased to know you had a great stay from the very beginning, as our priority is always making you feel at home.

We thank you again for having chosen us, it would be a huge pleasure welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2020

As a Globalist and someone who had visited Hesperia before, saw the tremendous improvement fo Hyatt to a 5 star hotel. I appreciate the location of the Hotel and modern rooms under the Hyatt brand. We are very happy to have this property available and already plan to stay there in the next 30 days

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GuestRelationsHHM, Marta Escauriaza, Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Raullamus2019,

On behalf of all the staff we would like to thank you for your confidence and for staying at Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid! It was more than a pleasure welcoming you with us!

Our biggest satisfaction is being aware we could meet your expectations and you felt comfortable during your stay.

We cannot wait to welcome you back soon and take part of your days in Madrid!

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

I booked the Hesperia because it is a Hyatt, always a top option for me, and read the reviews after, but luckily the hotel is better than what you read in some reviews. Yes, even as a Hyatt Discoverist, I was assigned an internal room, which means it has no outside view. Although you don’t see light or the weather, for me, the room had an important benefit, it was quiet. The hotel made the best out of the internal courtyard that the room faces, placing colorful sculptures below and on the wall (see photo) which gives a space that could look very depressing a happy look. The room itself was spacious, the bed comfortable and the bathroom modern with a rain shower. The breakfast was lovely and the service there top class. The negatives are, I could not control the heat in my room and the hotel management said just turn it off and open the windows. It worked because the temperature outside was around 10 degrees celsius, but I am sure I would have had a bad night if the temperature outside was much lower. The checkin people were not very well-trained or welcoming. She did not acknowledge my Hyatt status and when I asked questions about the rooms, she was very dismissive saying that “It is the best you can get based on your category choice.” The message was “suck it up.” Thankfully the room was better than I expected. The concierge is hidden near the restaurant, but once you find her, she is nice and helpful.

Trip type: Traveled solo
GuestRelationsHHM, Marta Escauriaza, Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2020

Dear LauraS327,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us and letting us know about your experience! We highly appreciate your comments as the most useful way for us to improve.

We are glad to read you felt comfortable in your room, even more with the sculptures right next to your window. Our main priority every day is making our guests feel at home, so we feel more than happy to know we could meet your expectations.

We deeply regret reading about the heating control and we apologize for the inconveniences caused, as that is not the usual standard of the Hotel. Our maintenance department is already working on this matter to avoid any possible mistake.

We highly value our Discoverist guests when staying with us so we give them always the best room according to the category reserved. For this reason, we would like to apologize for the misunderstanding while checking in, as our staff is only looking for your satisfaction with us.

We thank you again for choosing us and we woud love to welcome you back!

Reviewed December 26, 2019

The service was excellent with a very knowledgeable staff. they were very professional. Also the location of the Hyatt Hesperia is excellent, very centrally located, and it is very safe area with excellent restaurants. I highly recommend the Hotel's breakfast, for a wonderful Spanish experience.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GuestRelationsHHM, Marta Escauriaza, Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

Dear OswaldoR168,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing us and for spending your time to share your review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid! It has been a true pleasure welcoming you!

Comments like yours make to us work even harder in order to achieve our main goal: to exceed out guest expectations. We thank you again for letting us know how was your experience!

We would love to welcome you back with us soon,

Kindest regards from Madrid,