“Private, Professionalism, and Hospitable”
Review of Artistic B&B

Artistic B&B
Ranked #1 of 282 Madrid B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My sister and I stay in this B and B after and before trekking the El Camino. Yes there are stairs but having this inconvenience is insignificant to the comfort provided at Artistic. Paola and Rudulfo, the owners, worm their way into your heart and you leave as friends.
The facility is clean, nicely decorated, and every morning there is homemade bread. The place is also about location in downtown Madrid. You can walk everywhere. Finally the real perk in this place is that every room has their own washroom.
On our journey we stayed one night at a Parador facility. Gives us the Artistic B&B any day it is truly 5 star!

Room Tip: Try to get the room in the back it is bigger and a little more quiet!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 5, 2013

What a wonderful world when you find a place and people such as Paola and Rodolfo at Artistic Bed and Breakfast in Madrid. It was our first visit to Madrid and we needed a central locality as I am restricted with walking too far. This was our first choice and we were amazed at everything, from the really wonderful decoration inside, the fabulous tasty breakfasts,very comfortable rooms and such a friendly welcome. They really make a big difference to your stay in the amazing city of Madrid, nothing was too much trouble, we felt like family! We would return without doubt and recommend to many as we feel you cannot fault this total gem in the heart the majestic city of Madrid. See you again one day we will never forget you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My mom and I booked a room at ArtisticBB for a long weekend and it was a perfect choice! Directly upon arrival, the owners Paola and Rodolfo make sure you feel at ease. The rooms are beautifull with an artistic touch and modern bathroom, with a great shower. Every morning a nice breakfast is served which you van enjoy together with other guests sitting at a long table. Everybody shares their experiences and exchanges tips and tricks. On top of that all, I have never experienced such kind and personal service. For my mother, who has diabetice, Paola and Rodolfo arranged suitable breakfast and when I forgot my jacket at a restaurant the day before departure, they made sure it was returned to the Netherlands! All in All, we fully recommend artisticB&B and we will for sure book it again when we return to Madrid.
Gerdien

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you're looking for 5-star hotel amenities, don't bother to come here, this place has more charm and character then your regular 5-stars. As soon as I set foot into Artistic I knew I've made the best decision for my accommodation in Madrid.

It located in a very strategic spot, within walking distance from Prado, Reina Sofia, Thyssen, and several others attractions. From Atocha Station, you only need to ride 3 metro station to Anton Martin, exit through Calle Magdalena (DON'T take the Calle Amore de Dios exit), walk to Calle Leon, turn right to Lope de Vega, the B&B will be on your left hand sight (yellow door no. 11). You won’t find any glaring neon sign, or any sign for that matter, so it's a good idea to inform Paola or Rodolfo your ETA to make sure they'll be available when you arrive.

As soon as we arrived, Paola welcome us warmly, and since it was our first time to Madrid, we had tons of questions on where to go to see what and to buy what, she patiently answered all our questions and even provide print out map to make things easier. Once we're done with the Q&A session, Paola showed us into one of the most charming room we'd ever been into. It has small balcony overlooking Lope de Vega street (The Batik Room). You might think it'd be noisy, right? Apparently once you shut the balcony door the noise won’t bother you a bit, the room also spacious enough for 3 people that you won’t bumped into each other.

Since it's a small establishment, you won’t find too many people on breakfast table, a perfect way to share information and experience about Madrid. I managed to get several useful tips and ideas about places to visit on my first breakfast there. If that's not enough, there's a reading corner on one side of the dining/breakfast room full of books about Madrid that you can borrow.

My only regret is that I could not say farewell to Paola and Rodolfo in person, because my train departed very early the next morning. I'm sure if you ever decided to visit Madrid and stay in Artistic Bed and Breakfast you'd experience a true Madrid hospitality.

Note: The B&B located on the 3rd floor, and it has no elevator, so make sure you are able to carry your own luggage all the way up, or inform Paola and Rodolfo if you need help with your luggage.
Other note: If you plan to check out before 8 a.m., tell Paola the day before, she'd provide you with a take-away breakfast to nibble on.

Room Tip: Batik Room is the one with the small balcony facing the road in front of the B&B
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

5 stars to our own standards. We are a 60 yr old couple, traveling independently in Europe on a budget. This is our first time in Madrid. We have stayed in 6 other bnb in the past. Paola and Rodolfo were very kind and welcoming. Rodolfo helped carry our luggage, gave a thorough orientation of the area and gave a map. There is also a library of materials you may need to get other info. The bnb and our room with it's color and art scheme made it feel homely, we were happy to return after a day of "touristing". Rodolfo bakes bread and cake for breakfast . Fresh breakfast is served every morning. The bed was most comfortable. The bathroom was very clean, towels and body wash provided. The owners were very warm and genuine, you feel like you were staying with a friend. We liked that they lived upstairs and were available if you need help. We wish that all bnb were like this one. Muchas gracias, Paola and Rodolfo, you are a credit to BnB
industry of Madrid.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The owner Paola has been kind and welcoming; honoring my request for the batik room with a balcony! Well worth the trip up 3 flights of stairs. Central location boasts bustling bars and resturants closeby. But you are not disturbed! Quiet locale! If you are an art connoisseur, consider staying at artistic bnb! Walking distance from prado and other notable museums! Bravo Paola and family for a first rate experience in Madrid! I encourage Trip Advisor to elevate your status to no1!
Muchos Gracias

Donna Marie Anderson
Camarillo, CA

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Cagirl36
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying with Paola and Rudolfo in July. We couldn't have been happier with the location, the room, the breakfast and the service we received. If you value making connections with the locals when you are traveling, this is the place to do it. Paola was so very helpful when KLM lost my husband's luggage after a very long journey from Vancouver. We would happily return for another visit and refer our friends to them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple