Artistic B&B
Hotel Regina(Madrid)
$206
$150
  • Restaurant
Axor Feria Hotel(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Bar/Lounge
Occidental Castellana Norte(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$102
$85
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ayre Gran Hotel Colon(Madrid)
$159
$118
Ayre Hoteles
$144
$122
  • Restaurant
NH Madrid Ribera del Manzanares(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$122
$96
Maydrit Hotel(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Pool
All reviewsother guestsno elevatorbreakfast tableflights of stairsthird flooryogurtfriendly and helpful hostsperfect hostsquiet streetevery morningplaza mayorwalking distancereina sofiaa lovely stayyour luggagemajor siteslas letras
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Superb location in the Barrio de Letras - just 1 min walk from Calle de Huertas and all the bars and restaurants in that area and a 5 min walk from the Paseo del Prado with the Prado Museum, and 5 mins from the Plaza Santa Ana in the opposite direction. It's also an easy 10-15 min door to door trip by metro from the Atocha Renfe station (where the airport shuttle bus [5 euros] stops) via the Anton Martin metro stop (only 2 flights of stairs here). This was my first visit to Madrid & I stayed for 6 nights. If you want to travel light, there is a handy self-service laundry 1 min walk away around the corner from the b&b. I was travelling alone & had Rm 3 which is comfortable, individually decorated and with a ceiling fan and flat screen TV (Spanish channels only). There is also a fabulous large rain showerhead in the bathroom. Best part of all though are the hosts, Paola and Rodolfo, genuinely two of the nicest people you could hope to find running a b&b. On arrival, Paola gave me a map and recommended loads of bars & restaurants and other places to visit and checked out the opening times of several places I wanted to go to. Some other reviewers have said that the breakfasts were small but I always had more than enough to eat; cereal, fruit, yoghurt, toasted cheese sandwich, toast and best of all a different type of home-baked bread (and even a pecan pie one day!) everyday from Rodolfo. I had to leave early before breakfast on my departure day and they even kindly prepared me some things to eat on the go. There are some nice touches like books and guides available to borrow, free WiFi, and umbrellas too if you get caught in a rare Madrid shower. I particularly liked the thought for the day put up on the wee blackboard in the dining area! Yes, there are several flights of stairs as other reviewers have complained about but these will hardly figure considering all the walking you’re likely to be doing around the city during your stay! And yes, the walls are thin so just take some earplugs if you want a morning lie in! As one of the thoughts for the day said 'Some people feel the rain, whilst others just get wet'. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and will definitely being joining the ever growing queue of people who I'm sure, like me, can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jdanon71
Reviewed October 13, 2012

As others have said, Rudolfo y Paola were wonderful in every way. My wife and I spent 6 nights at Artistic, exploring many of the older neighborhoods throughout downtown Madrid. Our hosts were helpful in advising us on where to go, how to get there, and made a few calls to inquire about transportation details etc. Artistic is located a little ways off of an area filled with tapas bars and restaurants, but is on a quiet little road that is relatively peaceful.
We stayed in the Birds room, which being at the end of the hall in the back of the building, was very quiet and private. Everything was clean and comfortable, as well as being beautifully decorated. Each morning we had a light breakfast, visiting with people from other countries and enjoying Rudolfo's home made bread. While not extensive, it was perfect to get us out the door and moving for the day. Plenty of lively conversation and laughing!
In short, if my wife and I were ever fortunate enough to return to Madrid, there is no question that we would be returning to Artistic.

Room Tip: Birds room in the back is very quiet..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great location, ez walk from Anton Martin Metro, and located centrally to many restaurants and attractions. We walked to Atocha Station with wheeled luggage, which took 20 minutes. Just seemed easier than the stairs etc in Metro.
Room was quite small, we had twin beds, but they were very comfortable. Room was nicely appointed with flat screen TV, though we could only find Spanish stations, and very colorful. Nice Juliette balcony to street below. Bathroom was modern and a nice size, though a bit long and narrow. Loved the shower.
Paolo and Rodolfo are verrrrrrry nice! They provided a nice breakfast with fresh brewed coffee, breads, cheese sandwich, fruit, cereal, yogurt. Pretty darn good selection!
Great value for the price, and while it is quite small, we would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Amazing location! Felt at home, excellent breakfast. Owners are super nice and warm. Slightly noisy in mornings when other people decide to eat breakfast before you...earplugs solved this. Excellent cafe 2 doors to the left.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The rooms are comfortable, beautifully decorated and have everything we need. The location is perfect...in the heart of a fun district with lots of places to eat and easy walking distance to all the sights. Our hostess is charming and fun; she has a wealth of suggestions for things to do and places to eat and shops to visit. We are absolutely delighted with our visit and highly recommend Artistic B&B.

Room Tip: This B&B is on the third floor with no elevator, so could be a problem if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends