Gran Versalles Hotel
Hotel Regina(Madrid)
$206
$150
  • Restaurant
Axor Feria Hotel(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Bar/Lounge
Occidental Castellana Norte(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$102
$85
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ayre Gran Hotel Colon(Madrid)
$159
$118
Ayre Hoteles
$144
$122
  • Restaurant
NH Madrid Ribera del Manzanares(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$122
$96
Maydrit Hotel(Madrid)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Pool
All reviewsalonso martinez metro stationminute walkrecommend this hotelplaza colonnice hotelmetro stopfour star hotelwithin walking distancethe room was niceresidential areaquiet locationreception staffcity centreair conditionerstreet noiseon footrestaurants and bars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Service at reception was excellent and friendly. The receptionists spoke english very well and were able to give us great directions using a map and ideas about the different areas of the city which was a great start. Service in the bar/restaurant/room service was not as good. Bar is very small, not comfortable to relax in even though the reception area is huge. The staffs english was average, which causes problems when trying to order food, especially room service. Not very friendly either, but that could be my own perception of a cultural thing. Nobody helped with our bags on the way in or out or up to the room - I'm small and could've done with a helping hand. Ordering a taxi back to the airport was stressful - it did not come on time.

Room was normal size, very clean, excellent air conditioning system that we controlled ourselves. Bathroom had a powerful shower and was clean. Key code safe was very useful.

Location is the main advantage of this hotel. 10-15 min walk to main street/area - just enough of a nice stroll after dinner/home from club. Taxi's were also cheap if we had to get one - €5 from centre back to hotel. Hotel was set in a nice, quiet, residential area - plenty of undistrubed sleep.

Two computers for internet usage in the reception area - standing only, no chairs.

Overall, it is a nice, clean, friendly, very well located hotel, but not a hotel you would choose to stay in for their amenities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have been staying now for a week and having a great time. Location is perfect, staff is friendly and the room is very large and comfortable. For a little more we upgraded to a larger room and it's really wonderful.

Room Tip: Corner suite is large and sunny
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in the hotal, very central but in a quiet, residential area. Within walking distance of he Puerta del Sol (20 min), 2 min from an underground station and easy connection to the Airport. Excellent room. Breakfast not that good though - best place was 10 min walking distance in Calle Fernando VI called Mama Framboise.
We cycled around Madrid for 3 hours, with a guide who took us to places we would not have found. It waa a great experience. We used Trixi.com located in Calle de los jardines.
We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013

If you want a quiet hotel but not too far from the center, this hotel is perfect. It's a 10 - 15 mins walk to Gran Via and to Sol. It may be too quiet for those who prefer to be in the hustle and bustle of things though. I've also styayed in the center (near Puerto del Sol and Gran Via) so I know it's a trade-off as it can be too lively and noisy for a good night's sleep unless you're a heavy sleeper. The walls are a bit thin since I could hear voices from the neighboring room, but not loud enough to be annoying. My room was spacious and had twin beds. I loved the rain shower, the double sink and toothbrush and razor, since I had forgotten both items. There is a supermarket 5 mins away. The Colon Plaza and Hard Rock cafe are a short walk away. I wasn't crazy about the buffet breakfast selection plus the coffee was too bitter (ask for a cappuccino instead) and the next morning I went to a Starbucks a block away instead. I had booked through the hotel site but the link to cancel was confusing - I was informed at the time of booking that I could cancel up to 12 hours before, but when I clicked on the link several days before arrival (I wanted to check the policy), it gave me a confusing message that the room was a non-refundable internet rate. Could be an issue with English meaning that one couldn't cancel IF the guest had booked a special rate but next time I will book via booking.com which gives the same prices and more user-friendly. The weather was slightly warm and the air conditioning wasn't working even though the reception kept saying it would to be fixed. It wasn't too much of a problem in early April with the window open, but if you're going in warm weather, email them in advance to make sure they will have A/C! They were pretty good about answering emails when I had questions. The staff all spoke English and very helpful if you need directions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean, comfortable and a good value for money. Recommended for short stays. Excellent connection to metro system. Walking distance from Malasaña. If you're looking for a quieter location than Sol and you're on somewhat of a budget, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple