“Great”
Review of ILUNION Pio XII

ILUNION Pio XII
Ranked #147 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great hotel friendly staff, spacious rooms, lovely location. Great local transport just outside. overall a great place to stay quite.

Thing to watch if you are vegetarian poor breakfast choice and very poor staff in restaurant, the hotel needs to work on food choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for ILUNION Pio XII

Reviewed February 27, 2013

As have stayed her twice before knew what i was getting...Lovely modern hotel,big bedrooms,free wifi,free bottles of water,nice decor and very freindly staff.Metro 10 min walk so half hr to Sol door to door.Bus stop outside if want nice sight seeing journey into centre...Book it and Enjoy

Room Tip: Top floor have large balconys
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
confortelhoteles, Gerente at ILUNION Pio XII, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Confortel Pío XII. We are really happy to know you think we are a good hotel.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The rooms are fairly spacious for European standards, and nicely appointed, although sometimes in need of slight updating. The staff is exceptional, and the breakfast, while a bit pricey, includes quite a nice layout including various cheeses, hams, breads, jams, fruits, yogurts, juices, teas and nespresso. I have stayed there with and without my husband since 2011. It is a good deal for the money, and during this last stay the staff has proved its worth in terms of personal warmth and professionalism (nice combo!). This latest stay was with my husband during late December 2012 and again in early January 2013. We traveled to France for New Years celebrations, and I forgot a special pillow of mine for my neck at the hotel. Called them from France and they had not only found but held the pillow until we returned!

Room Tip: The breakfast is worth it for short stays, but not so much for long ones. The transportation by bus...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind and considerate review, Ana. We always welcome feedback from our Guests and we were delighted to read the positive comments from you. We are most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information and help us monitor the service we provide.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Clean and efficient hotel.
Minimal frills.
Out of town, but bus directly outside can take you straight to city centre in 20mins throughout the day.
No restaurants or culture nearby and I arrived late, so had to eat in the restaurant: food was very poor (pre-fab frozen stuff).
Overall served me well however.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Freddie199
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lovely big room on the fifth floor with a large wet room style toilet well away from the bedroom .
Had a alcove leading out of the room looking on to a sports facility and not on the main road .
side and as a result was nice and quiet .
The Hotel is used for companies for seminars and was bustling at certain times of the day with the persons coming and going ,
Is a wee bit away from the city centre but is only 10 minutes from the nearest metro station .
There is a bus stop right outside the Hotel which runs to the city centre and run every 10 minutes and we used it once to go into the city and was a pleasant journey going past Real Madrids stadium en-route to SOL which is regarded as the city centre.
Suited us as it is near for getting to the airport via the metrro .
Would definitely consider this Hotel again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have never been to Madrid before but I had a feeling that this is a bit of the outskirt of Madrid.
This was not a problem for me as I had my meeting close by the hotel

Good things:
Nice lobby and professional treatment at arrival.
Had a resturant/bar and a large lobby were you can relax and discuss the day.
Large rooms with flat screen tv, wifi and nice bathroom
Quiet area though close to highways.

To be improved
My Spanish is poor so a few options on the tv would have been nice
I could not lower the temperature in my room but fixed that by sleeping with a open window.
Wifi had extremly poor capacity as I arrived but was better in the morning so do put a cable in your bag.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I went there for 2 nights on a business trip to Madrid and may say was perfect.
Great rooms, clean, high speed internet, great breakfast menu, great lunch, great service.

I love it all. I liked that also si close to a highway, so easy access to go and come from any place in madrid and sorrounds.

the only con I found is that if you want to walk and use Metro, the metro station is for me kind of far... (I hate walking).

I may also add that the beds are a litle worn out, I could feel the springs on my back, but unfortunatly I always remember and notice it when in bed... so always keep saying to myself "tomorrow I will tell them to change me", at the end never did (was very busy). I stayed in room 403. So I suggest the hotel managment to check up that bed.

for all the rest I give it HIGH FIVE!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business