1,618 results
All reviewsretiro parklinen sheetsoutdoor pooltraditional hotelsalamanca neighborhoodfive star hotelgrand hotelmarble bathroomroom servicewonderful hotelclub roomthe ritzcommon areastwo blocksreception staffsuperior roombreakfast buffet is
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and felt very welcommed into this hotel by the staff who were extremely attentive, particularly towards our baby and they were always on hand to assist with the pram up and down the stairs.

The room was large and comfortable with a very spacious bathroom. It was also very quiet so we slept well - our baby even slept for an extra hour!

The hotel's location is great with shopping and attrations on hand and all within walking distance. Retiro Park is very close and is a great place to wonder around.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has aeen better dates and the rooms need renovating. But it's centrally located and the staff are friendly and helpful. Good for business and tourist travel alike. Breakfast buffet is small but some tasty choices

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have setup a conference in this hotel on October 11 and 12, 2012. We had hoetel rooms, conference rooms, food and beverage arrangements, wellness, outdoor services.The whole days we were spoiled by the staff of the hotel. No question or late request was difficult. They arranged everything. Working with their staff was a wonderful time and I enjoyed it every minute. Also our company guests where very satisfied. It was sad to say goodbye. Again, thanks for all you have done and done perfectly. Chapeau!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jurgen-Machielse
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Had a 3 day stay and was pleasantly surprised by the staff's attitude. They accommodated me at 10 am at no extra charge. The room was very comfortable, overlooking the pool, although not at its best. The location is ideal for a solo traveler as it allows you to walk around feeling safe. Very good restaurants within short walking distance and excellent shopping nearby. The hotel is abuzz with local business activities. Excellent option for your stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Idalia F
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Wellington is a five star hotel with five star prices. Enough said. The facilities and service should be close to perfect. If not, why does it have 5 stars? So I will deal just with one aspect of the service which is certainly not 5 stars. I checked in on 7th October 2012, and applied for the free internet. On the 8th October I decided that the free internet was too slow so went to the reception to upgrade (they have a premium service ofr 12 Euros per day). My God! What a problem!. It took about 45 minutes and countless telephone calls to their internet provider to do this, and in the meantime I was shifted from one receptionis to the next, and none had any idea what they were doing. Finally it was fixed, but instead of the receptionist just giving me the new user name and password, he led me to a separate conference room (all the time holding the little piece of paper on which the password was written), and gave me the password there. Why not at reception? A puzzle which I was not able to fathom. The next day, in the evening when I returned to the hotel, and asked for a new 24 hour access to the premium service, the receptionist gave me a password. I went to my room and of course it was not the right password. So I went back to the reception, explained that this was not correct and the receptionist (of course another one), gave me another password for the premium service. I noticed that there was no user name. So I aske the receptionist for the user name. He asked me "Oh so you don't want to use it in the business centre"? "NO - IN MY ROOM"! So he finally gave me the user name and password that worked. Obvioulsy the reception staff have no idea what they are doing concerning the internet service. And if they don't understand what a client wants, why do they not ask?? So a 5 star hotel, with 1 star internet service. And by the way, I am far away from being a techno buff. All I want is an internet service that works...Maybe I just wasted one hour altogether. But still, it was one hour which should have taken 5 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business