“Good if you are going for Football”
Review of Hotel Praga

Hotel Praga
Ranked #309 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went there to see an Atletico de Madrid game and the location was great for that. It wasn't in the prettiest part of Madrid but the transports were good enough to get you where you wanted to go easily. The Hotel itself wasn't extraordinary, the building is extremely uninviting but the food was good and the staff very friendly. The room was nothing special but it was clean and good enough for 2 nights. Next time, if I am not going to go to Vicente Calderon, I'll go somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights at the start and end of an Archers Direct Tour, along with about 10 other coach tours, as busy noisy hotel in a working class district of Madrid, far from the centre. it is an OK area with lots of bars and restaurants with 2 supermarkets bvery close. he number 23 bus takes you into the centre for 1.5 E or buy a T10 card for 9.60, this gives you 10 trips on any public transport and you can share it between 2 or more people. Rooms were tired and our room on the 3rd floor was none too clean either. to be fair the beds were very comfortable and the linen clean.
Hotel is very noisy, excitable stag and hen parties and lots of tour companies.
Food OK, lots of choice. WiFi a rip off at 5E per night.

Room Tip: stay at the back if you want a quiet room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had to stay one night here before joining a 7day tour with Europamundo. It is always too crowded with people coming and going to excursions, must wait an eternity to use their three elevators when a tour has come or is leaving. The three elevators are too small, the carpets are old and dirty. And walls are too thin, we could clearly hear a neighbor´s conversation till almost 1 am!!! Stay here if you are joining a tour, otherwise, stay somewhere else, Madrid transportation is excellent.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jalenis
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I checked in on 28th may and checked out on 31st May 2013 (just came back from spain ) we reached hotel from airport after flying for 16 hours from india in evening, me my wife with two young kids got two rooms 405, 406 after standing infront of them for at least half an hour,first thing we were shocked to know that no one can speak English on reception very rude to talk, their behaviour wasn't good hotel rooms r in very bad condition.very small rooms. lifts are in very very bad condition and the breakfast is not at all good. Now any one going there to stay I will suggest please for god shake don't spoil ur money. I stayed in marbella for 4 days in hotel nh alanda pretty good hotel, in barcelona at abba sants hotel very good and very good location but in madrid worst hotel is praga. Bhupendra Rathore india

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank justdoitonce
Reviewed June 1, 2013

No free WiFi, no English-language television channel, small drab room in need of renovation, significant street noise, unpleasant front desk staff, inconvenient location. We will not return to this hotel undeserving of its four-star designation.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stay in this hotel every time I go to Madrid, the hotel is located close to local shops, great food and public transportation. the price is fair and the accomodation are great. will stay again when I go back to spain.

Room Tip: if you use to having a big american style bed just asked for a bouble room and pushed the beds toget...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our shower drain backed up into the bathroom through a floor drain. It smelled quite bad. This was room 312. We were so tired that we just went to sleep and in the morning let the desk staff know. They offered to have someone come look at it but we wanted to shower and get going. I asked for another room to shower in and they said no. I said, ok we will get out of the room. I asked where breakfast was and the gentleman pointed me to the salon and told me 11 Euros. I was going to ask for a free breakfast but didn't bother. We left and had breakfast somewhere else.

The front desk staff seemed overwhelmed and as if dealing with me was a problem. There was no visible management and I questioned the staff training for customer service. Morale may be an issue here. I bet the room still has plumbing problems. Hotel Praga seems like the type of place you come to for drinking with your mates and then go to the football games.

I realize that things will happen, however I think some sort of acknowledgement or offering would have been appropriate. Nothing was mentioned or recognized. I think I am done with big hotels, it will be smaller family run operations. I didn't feel like putting the energy in to strongly advocate for myself at the Hotel Praga.

One thing I didn't get. Why are there two men in uniform standing in the lobby? They didn't greet us, they just stood around. Didn't help with luggage. Were they security or????

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business