“Fairly basic” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #321 of 450 Hotels in Madrid
Belluno, Italy
“Fairly basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

When I first saw the building from the outside, my impression about this hotel was much worst than what then I found inside ! The structure should date back to the 70's, but the rooms are fine and clean. You can see from my pics that : bed, well equipped bathroom, TV are fine. Location is not really in the city centre but the area is quiet. Definitely this big hotel is suitable for large groups ... in fact a bus packed with Japanese arrived just after me ... ( luckily ! ). Service is fine; breakfast acceptable ( I appreciated a lot the freshly-squeezed orange juice ! ) but served in a depressive room anyway ... I found this place perfect if you have business in the nearby. Very reasonable rates.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
      Rooms

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was on a business trip to Madrid this weekend and had to stay in this area. Hotel Praga became my choice. After two days stay, I have to say, it is only decent, particularly the breakfast. Indeed, you get something to eat in the morning hours. But that "something" is simply some stuff you put into your stomach. Nothing tastes good. The elevator is rather noisy. Other than that, it is okay.

Room Tip: try to avoid any room near the elevator, so loud.
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Luke Z
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we were in madrid for 2 weeks and this was probably the most best located hotel we stayed in-mind you its not in downtown madrid but its in a quiet neighborhood area so expect to take the metro (20 minutes walk with stroller and 16 month old son) or taxi which you can get right in front of the hotel

while the room we got wasn't the best because we had booked last minute with booking.com the wifi was OK, the heater was great for the cold winter and the bathroom was well equipped with a bathub, toilet and bidet (awkwardly positioned behind the door, i had a good laugh)

we got the room with the view of the apartments behind the hotel, since the balcony rooms were fully occupied. we had 3 single beds, two were next to each other so it suited me and my son fine.

my only complain was they didn't provide breakfast bar in the room like they do it all Asian hotels so I had to go down to the restaurant to get hot water each time. I got tired and we just bought a water kettle for 15 euros

i also didnt like one of the young receptionist she was curt and rude. maybe she mistook me as a Colombian but i am nowhere near that

WHAT I LIKED BEST ABOUT THIS HOTEL IS ITS CLOSE PROXIMITY TO--->

family type restaurants---great sangria and dual english-spanish menus

not one but two laundromat---one was like 5 minutes away from the hotel and i did all our laundry there every night. they open till midnight every day. it was also cheap considering in downtown madrid you pay 6.50 euro for washing and 6.50 for drying. over here it was 3.50 euro for washing and 2.50 for drying. the second laundromat is 15 mins away from the hotel but it provides free wifi

plenty of banks and fruit shops---if you wish to buy fresh fruits to make puree
lidl supermarket--cereals and diapers etc

tapas diners, restaurants and bars

the hotel itself is very old, it has seen better days but it is also well maintained. like all hotels in spain, this one too the walls were (a bit) thin as were the floor/roof. when someone above us dropped something we can always hear a very audible "thud".if someone is laughing loudly we can hear that too. the lifts were tiny (as they are in all spanish hotels) and could barely fit the two of us and our son plus his stroller (had to put that sideways to fit)

this is the only review i wrote with no pictures taken, usually i am very detailed with my reviews but the hotel was passable to me hence i did not consider taking any pictures

Room Tip: always ask for room with balcony, you get the morning sun and view
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank SaltyBodiceRipper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is ok, I expected more for a 4 stars hotel. The rooms are a little bit old and small. But the staff is very friendly all the time. They store our extra bags while we make a two weeks tour around Europe. The hotel is in front of a bus stop that will take you to the center is Madrid. Recommended for a hotel where you only go to sleep.

Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

Well, when I checked in my room, I found a pair of socks (nice socks, but that's not the point) in my room! Do I need to say more? They offered to give me a different room, but I still did not feel safe with the efficiency of the cleaning here. The breakfast was OK I guess. The place is not very close to the vibrant center of the city, but the subway and public bus can take you there fast.

Stayed December 2015, traveled solo
1 Thank Nikos D

Travelers are raving about these Madrid hotels

Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2015 via mobile

Room is big, Internet was not working very well, but overall good for a short stay in good conditions at a decent price. We did not have bf in the hotel so I can't comment on its quality. It is quite far away from the centre, but there is a subway station nearby

Stayed December 2015, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2015

It takes by taxi about 50 min to get from airport. Room is clean, big enough. Big lobby.
Supermarket right on opposite side. This hotel far from everything in a dark narrow street. If you have some business to do in this area, it's O.K. for one night.

• Stayed October 2015, traveled with family