“Great location for us tourists during our stay in Madrid”

Weare Chamartin Hotel
Ranked #262 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
Socorro, New Mexico
“Great location for us tourists during our stay in Madrid”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Husa Chamartin is right on top of the Chamartin train station and metro station. I don't think we could have asked for a better location as tourists. Every day, we took the metro into the city center to go shopping and see sights. It's easy to get anywhere from this hotel.

The price is cheap, so we weren't expecting a fancy place, and the hotel rooms were not bad. There are only two electrical outlets in the room (and one more in the bathroom) and the TV and/or phone have to be unplugged to use them, however, this wasn't a major inconvenience, just something we noted.

Beds were plenty comfortable, and the cleaning staff did an amazing job every day. The deep tub was wonderful for baths, and the showers had great pressure.

Breakfast is a bit overpriced, but it is an open hot food and cold food buffet that is all you can eat. Delicious food. There is another cafe/bar area in the lobby of the hotel that had reasonably-priced food, and the bar staff was very nice.

There are only two negative things I will say about this hotel. Some of the front desk staff can be kind of rude. If you limit your interaction with the front desk to check in and check out, this really shouldn't be an issue or a deciding factor in whether or not you stay here. Also, the wifi Internet connection was fast and reliable as long as there were no conferences going on at the hotel (let's say, less than 150 people using the connection at once) but it was almost unusable for a week we stayed in the evenings because of a conference. Also, you have to enter a new wifi username and password every day to maintain wifi connectivity.

I would stay here again if I come back to Madrid.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Skrause90

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel was in the perfect location for me in Madrid. It is located at the Charmartin Train Station. Stayed here 1 night before going to Leon by train to start the Camino to Santiago de Compestela. Then 2 1/2 weeks later stayed another 2 nights after the Camino, to do day trips from Madrid. The reason I chose this hotel was it's location. Yes, I read the reviews before but was surprised ! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Which was nice .It is a average hotel . The 2 different rooms I had new décor probably with in a few years. The front desk staff were ok. Some more helpful than others. Most didn't speak English but if you keep asking they will find someone that does. They don't offer up any information. If you don't ask them ,they aren't going to offer it. Example , wifi info was in a basket by the ck in desk. I didn't know that was what was in the basket. They never offer it to me. After `12 hrs on a plane that was the last thing on my mind, Got to room no lights either . Tried everything still no lights. Went back to front desk they then told me you have to put your door card key in the stot just inside the door to activate the lights. I never knew that! Should have told me that at ck in. Also I had to ask for the wifi code was never offered to me. This is a simple courtesy would have taken them probably less than I min. at ck to explain that. After that I figured them out. But be persistent ask questions because they are not going to offer any info if you don't ask them 1st.They have a good breakfast buffet a lot of choices. The best thing it is next to the train station. In the train station there are places to eat and shop, Small but nice verity of shops. Used both Renfe train and local train to get around . So, if location to get in and out of Madrid and around town this is a good choice. If you just need a place to sleep, eat and price you can beet this hotel. I would stay here again because of it's location. Just knowing it's challenges.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
CRMCHAMARTIN, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Weare Chamartin Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kindly comments. We have taken note about it.
It is great for us knowing that our location was useful for you.

We are very pleasant that you will chose again for your future visit to Madrid.

Thank you for trust in Husa Chamartin Hotel.

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is ideal for folk wanting to explore the city and just want somewhere to sleep. It's clean and extremely convenient for the metro as the tube station is right next door. It's only about a fifteen minute trip to get into the centre of Madrid by metro and only cost a couple of euros. I wouldn't advise anyone to stay here if all they wanted to do is stay at the hotel all day as there's no pool and not much going on in the immediate area. We never used the restaurant so can't comment on this. Overall this hotel is good for the money but wouldn't expect to pay top dollar to stay here.

Room Tip: Go for higher rooms as less noise and insects coming through windows
1 Thank jonnyloddon
CRMCHAMARTIN, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Weare Chamartin Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear guest,

It is pleasant for us to know that our location was useful during your stay and for your visit in Madrid.
Thank you for spend some minutes in sharing your comments in this web.

We hope receiving you next time.

Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Cannot understand the negative reviews that this hotel has received, my wife and I have just returned home after a very pleasant stay at the chamartin hotel, we found the staff very helpful, the room was spotless and the maids changed the bed linen and towels daily, the breakfast was good and staff very attentive in breakfast room, the plus was the metro, which was only 2 minutes away from hotel foyer, a great central place for the visit to Madrid.

1 Thank May M
CRMCHAMARTIN, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Weare Chamartin Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear May,

Thank you so muchar for your kindly comments. It is pleasant for us know that you have enjoyed our hotel. We will transmit your great opinions to our staff.

We will hope welcome you and your wife soon to our hotel.

Regards,.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Staff at reception paid more attention to each other than to me on arrival. I think more training is needed in welcoming people as it sets the standard!
However I thought my room was nice & large & well furnished with a clean bathroom.
Breakfast was varied & good. The bar & restaurant staff were hard working and kind to me.
I stayed at this hotel so that I could catch a train at Chamartin Station in the morning to Ponferrada and I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for share your experience in our hotel with rest Tripadvisor user.
We have taken note about your opions.
It is fantastic know that you liked our breakfast buffet and snak bar.

Thank you again and remember that we always be pleasant in receiving soon.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for a week early in June and booked through Easyjet holidays. I'd already used Tripadvisor reviews to test the hotel and see what I might be expecting- my expectations were fairly low but we didn't plan to spend much time in the room anyway.
When we arrived and the minibus pulled up outside it seemed rather dodgey to say the least- under cover right on the doorstep of a big train station. However the lobby was particularly clean and inviting.
We then proceeded to check in and were greeted by very nice staff members who tried their best to communicate with us (highly appreciated as my Spanish is practically non-existent). Our room originally faced the front of the building where the majority of the view was consumed by the roof of the train station and wasn't particularly picturesque. We also noticed that the fridge and air conditioning weren't working, plus we didn't have a safe. We had also requested a double bed but this was not available at the time we checked in (not a big deal, we understood and weren't particularly bothered). Anyway, we went to ask about the whereabouts of the safe and were sent a man who didn't speak a word of English. After a few minutes of lots of babbling and hand gestures on both parts he left the room and didn't return. A half hour later we returned to reception with the same inquiry and were moved rooms (with no help from the staff). Our new room was much nicer, had a better view, a working fridge, a safe and a double bed. Unfortunately the air con was out of order for the majority of the week.

The free Wifi was a massive advantage (all be it a tad slow) as we were staying over the World Cup opening. My boyfriend (a huge football fan) was highly stressed when we couldn't find a channel showing the first England game, so he managed to stream it to his laptop.

Breakfast was generally a standard buffet, the staff were particularly welcoming. We never went hungry at breakfast so that's enough said really.

One particular member of the reception staff was exceedingly helpful; we were having a lot of trouble communicating with staff at the train station and when we returned to the hotel she explained everything to us and even helped plan our Metro journey.

Generally I'd expect a bit more from a "4 star" hotel as I've stayed in a 4 star before which had a lot more going for it. But I wasn't disappointed or overwhelmed- just generally luke warm feelings about this hotel. I'd stay here again if I had to, but to be perfectly honest I'd much rather find somewhere with a pool!

(Swimming pool and fitness center given a 1 star as these facilities were not available)

Room Tip: Request a double bed on booking; rooms facing the back have a much nicer view; generally the hotel w...
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for spending some minutes commenting your experience in our hotel.
It is great for us know that we solved your inconvenience in your room and that our personal was helpful with you.

Regards and thank you again for your kindly comments.
Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went for a business trip and glad o wasn't paying. No pool or areas to unwind apart from one chair which looked like a torture machine in a small box and was 8 euro for 20 min.All seating was broken no springs or padding left. Food was 12 for a ham sandwich and 4 euro for half a beer. Rooms were simple provided with towels and soap. As it was DIRECTLY on top of a bus, train and metro station commuting was a breeze but noisy. The metal bars on the window I was confused by as if I wanted to jump they wouldn't of stopped me. No chance for a holiday here but if you are on a business trip it serves a purpose, getting you out on time.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Adam,

First of all, thank you for your time, It is pleasant for us receiving our guest opinions.
I suppose that you mean our stall relax, it is a place where you could take some minutes calm, some our guest use this service to relax after a busy day.

It is pleasant know that our location was useful for you.

Regards and thank you again for your kindly comments,

Travelers are raving about these Madrid hotels