“Not to be repeated”

Ranked #263 of 445 Hotels in Madrid
London
“Not to be repeated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here on business. Will choose better location next time. Area wasn't very nice and there was nowhere to go outside of the station. It was on top of the station, so covenient for Metro.

1 person at check in with a long queue, so took ages. Reception staff efficient and quick check in once at front of queue! Room fairly basic, but very clean. Big flatscreen TV but only 2 English news channels. No tea or coffee making facilities. Free wifi if you picked up the log in detail sheet at reception every day.

Room had paper thin walls and I could everybody outside the corridor and people either side of me. Glad I brought ear plugs.

Biggest complaint was that on the Friday the hotel was descenced upon by a large group of teenagers who I assume were on a school trip. The breakfast room couldnt' cope (breakfast was basic at best) and it was very busy with lots of pushing and shoving. In the early hours of Saturday morning, I was woken up with a load of shouting and screaming and basically lots of messing around. It was in a room/s further down the corridor but I couldnt see anything outside my room. It must have woken up the whole floor! I tried to phone down to reception several times but NOBODY ANSWERED! This isn't good enough, this may have been a real emergency and I was a female on my own. Thankfully it stopped after a while, but this is the worst case of bad behaviour I've ever had travellling on business to different cities. I wouldn't expect it from this hotel chain and I think it disgraceful that reception seemed to be closed!

I was not impressed and I won't be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank poppyc
CRMCHAMARTIN, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Weare Chamartin Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kindly comments.
We are sorry to hear that you had this problem during your stay, we will inform to recepction about this.

On the other hand, I would like let you know that we have a good placed, due we are in Chamartin station close to underground, trains, bus and there are differents restaurants and bar to go out.

Please accept our apologies for inconveniece caused.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Angra do Heroísmo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is an hotel on the train and metro station "Chamartin" and there is NO NOISE so that's very good. But is you're traveling on holidays at Madrid and you want to go to the theatre and cinema and see other atractions you always have to go by taxi or metro. There is nothing to see or do near the hotel.
The hotel is too old and out dated, only the elevator is from the 21 century - awesome!!
The breakfast it is the same every day.
We asked at the reception where "Hard Rock Madrid" was and the receptionist didn't understand where we wanted to go and didn't knew it. How is that possible?!?!?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mccrs
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments in Tripadvisor web.
It is pleasant for us know that it was good for you haven´t noise, and you have a nice stay.

On the other hand I have to inform you that that we have a wonderful comunication to city center, (Gran Via theaters and cinemas areas).

About brekfast you must know taht we have a very variete buffet, we have three differnt coffe, five differents type of pastries, cold meat for cealic, Buffet cold and warm (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon).

I also would like that you know that we are renovation some hotel areas.

Thank you again for your cooperations.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel Chamartin is at the hub of Madrid. It sits next to the train station and metro and is linked with terminal 4 of the Airport by direct train (cost 2.5euros).
The hotel is new and bright. The rooms are big and comfortable. The breakfast is excellent with plenty choice.
Good hotel in a busy city

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Iain G
Dear Iain,

It is pleasant for us heairing this kindly comments It is great for us know that you have a nice stay and have enjoyed our hotel.

We hope that we can welcome you soon in our Hotel Husat Chamartin.

Tayport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights Dec 2012 during a trip to see Real Madrid play at the Santiago Bernabau.

The Hotel is approx 11km from Madrid Airport which we opted to use a taxi (30 euro). The Hotel is perched on Chamartin Station which allows Rail connections almost everywhere although connections to th Airport is to Terminal 4 only with most UK flights going in/out of Terminal 1.

Husa Chamartin - entrance and reception is very basic with no real welcome as such.

Rooms are adequate with LCD TV (bbc/cnn only english channels) and mini bar. Rooms were cleaned daily and towels replaced so couldnt fault housekeeping.

Breakfast is more or less Continental unless you want to eat disgusting looking bacon sausage and scrambled egg.

The location of the Hotel is about 4km north of Bernabau and approx 10km north of Peurto del Sol (centre of Madrid). Buses were good and every 5 mins or so (1.50 euro per trip).

In summary - Husa Chamartin should not be 4 star. 2 or 3 star at best and too far away from Centre if you want to see most Madrid attractions.

• Stayed December 2012
CRMCHAMARTIN, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Weare Chamartin Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for spending you time comment your stay in our hotel.
I am really sorry that your stay not was what you expected.
We take note about your breakfast comments, althought it is a breakfast buffet, and it is very variety.
As you say our hotel have an excellent connection with interesting Madrid areas and is geat for us that it was useful.
Thank you again for your kindly comments.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had a pre-booked room at the Husa. After ten minutes in the room, I noticed that something irritated my throat to an extent that I had to ask for a different room. The receptionist was very nice and tried to help, but another two rooms I tried were no better for me. My best guess, regarding the source of the problem, is dust accumulated in the grey net curtains, but it could also have been the air con system. In any case, I decided to move to the neighbouring Foxa-32 hotel for the night, which was much better and only slightly more expensive. If you suffer from respiratory problems, this may not be the ideal place for you. Top marks for the receptionist, but for the hotel rooms, this was the worst I have experienced for quite some time.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to dust (such as in neglected net curtains), consider a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Pete K
CRMCHAMARTIN, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Weare Chamartin Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Pete
Thank you so much for spend some minutes on let us know your opinion about our hotel.
I am really sorry know that you had some respiratory problems. At least it is pleasant for me know that your experience with our reception staff was helpful and they tried to solve as better was possible your situation.
Regards and thank you again for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these Madrid hotels

Vitoria-gasteiz, España
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Contrary to a lot of other reviews, my room and that of my workmate were totally alright, pleasant, clean and, if not modern, modernised in a discreet, sober way. True, a bit of socket-searching is necessary, but you just have to remember that where there's a TV there's a plug!
I like the system of the lifts very much: you press the number of the floor you want to get to and the screen shows the lift that will take you there. Really better than many other hotels!

Room Tip: Our rooms were both on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CRMCHAMARTIN, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Weare Chamartin Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Qualia2

First of all, thank you so much for your nice comments. It is pleasant for us know that we fulfilled your expectative and that you had a good experience. It is great for me hearing that is interesting for you our elevators system, we have been working with it from two years and it is a very new system.
Thank you again to share your comments with us.
We hope will welcome you soon to our hotel.
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I chose this hotel due to its location (the railway station), and the location is really great, if you're planning to travel by train, etc. The metro station is in the same building, so it's really convenient. But it might be due to a great number of people coming and staying there every day, the rooms look quite shabby..and the bathroom was not clean enough...The pther point is that there is a night club or disco near by, so it's quite noisy at night...

But what was the worst is the reception service. I needed to print one page, the ticket confirmation, which was really important, as I was to leave very early and would need it next day. There was a problem with a computer in the hall, I paid 1 euro for printing, but it didn't work. So I went to the receptionist to ask for help. But the guy was very rude just right from the begining. He told me, he didn't know what to do in this situation and said, that he couldn't help me. I asked to call for somebody, who could help..there must be a technical service or something, but he told me, that nobody could help me. I asked to talk to the other reseptionist guy, but he told me, that he could help me neither. I insisted. Than he started to shout at me, asking (!!!) what I want from him. I asked to returm me at leat my money, if there is no help I can expect. He threw me my 1 euro, asking me to disapper...The other guy at the reception was just laughing....

Nevertheless, next day another guy at the reception helped me. And he was really nice and helped me for free.

It was the worst experience I've ever had staying at hotels...I don't know what prevented him from helping me. It was about midnight, thare were no poeple in the reception area, so the guy wasn't busy at all...and as I speak good Spanish, there couldn't have been any misunderstading between us. So he was just terribly rude and unprofessional.

I won't recommend anybody staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Husa Hoteles

2 Thank Irina T
Thank you so much Irina for share your experience in our hotel on Tripadvisor web site.
I am sorry to hearing that and I would like to apologies to you from Husa Chamartin staff for inconvenience caused during your stay. We have taken note about all your problem and we will investigate about happen it and we will try resolve.
Thank you again for your cooperation sharing your comments and sorry for inconvenience caused.