Stayed in room 205 Monday and Tuesday in mid-October. As you should have figured out from the other reviews the Hotel is very central and as you should expect is noisy if you open the window/doors. However, outside my room was very quiet during the night and whilst a colleague said there was one or two disturbances at the other side, she had a good nights sleep. Another colleague had a problem internally with a group of Italian teenagers on a school trip, who were extremely noisy. She complained to reception but not surprisingly after being quiet for 5 minutes the noise level slowly resumed. In the morning, one of the teachers on discovering what happened was very apologetic and said the students would be punished.
The rooms me and my colleagues stayed in were perfectly spacious and comfortable enough. There was a half bottle of complinentary wine on arrival. The bathroom was clean and pleasant. Everything I needed worked. The laptop with free wi-fi was very useful.
Breakfast was excellent in my view. The second morning the Italian student brigade strained the hotels ability to replenish the food and cutlery but with a small of patience all was fine. And everything was nicely done. Other than that they only do packed lunches but given it's location that is no problem.
Taxi's dropped us a short walk from the Hotel but picked us up at 9am both mornings directly out front of the Hotel.
Reception spoke excellent English and were very professional and helpful. Check out was very quick and easy. The building itself had a bit of character about it and wasn't just an identikit modern hotel.
All in all, I would recommend this Hotel and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Petit Palace Preciados! A charming city hotel found in the heart of Madrid City Centre - a truly privileged location right next to the famous Puerta del Sol, Royal Palace and Gran Via. Superbly located in the most commercial area of Madrid, between Preciados and Carmen street, one of the most charming hotels in the area is to be found, the Hotel Petit Palace Londres of three star category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Petit Palace Preciados reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Palace Londres Madrid
- Petit Palace Londres Hotel Madrid