“Muy Contentos!”

Ayre Gran Hotel Colon
Ranked #150 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Ayre Gran Hotel Colon (from October 10/8 - 10/11). Madrid was the last leg of our trip. We had just visited Paris, Florence, and Rome. We arrived at the Ayre Gran Hotel Colon at around 5:30 p.m. The minute we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly young lady at the front desk. She took care of all the details of our reservation very quickly and answered all our questions regarding restaurants and places of interest. We proceeded to take the elevator (there were four elevators at this hotel which was something we were not used to seeing while our visit to the other cities in Europe). The hotel is clean, modern, with beautiful pieces of art. The minute we walked into our room, we were extremely pleased. The room was clean, big, with a terrific bathroom. The beds were extremely comfortable. The small fridge in the room had four bottles of complimentary water. The breakfast buffet in the morning was terrific. It had fried eggs, whole grain breads, fruits, small chocolate croissants, all sorts of colds cuts including ham, chorizo, cheeses, juices, coffee, yogurt. One evening as we retired back to our room, I noticed that the strew from my reader glasses had fallen. I had only packed the one set of readers. The following morning as we were leaving the hotel, we asked to see if they had the small screwdriver to fix my glasses. The young lady at the front desk told us she didn't have one, however, that she would send the technician that evening upon our return. Sure enough, that evening after we came back from visiting the beautiful Madrid, (we enjoyed tremendously eating at the Mercado San Miguel and having the awesome desserts of the Mayorquina right by Puerta del Sol) the technician went up to our room. It took him several tries and I was so embarrassed that I told him, to please stop that he had already impressed me by trying to fix them so many times and that since the screw was so small that I fully understood. However, he insisted and told me that he was going to try one last time. On that last try, he fixed my reading glasses!!! I was extremely pleased and happy to see that due to this young man's perseverance, I was able to read the maps, and brochures I had brought back to the hotel that night. The hotel is centrally located in a great residential neighborhood. There are two exists from the metro stop Sainz de Baranda. The metro in Madrid is extremely easy and the trains are fast and very clean. We truly enjoyed our visit to Madrid and especially our stay at the Ayre Gran Hotel Colon.

Room Tip: We stayed int the "American" building and the rooms were extremely nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaiteOssorio
Ayre Hoteles A, Social Media Manager at Ayre Gran Hotel Colon, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Maite Ossorio,

First of all, thank you very much for your kind comments about us. We are delighted that your experience at Ayre Gran Hotel Colón was a success.

Lucía López

Reviewed November 8, 2013

in Madrid for the start of a 10day tour. the hotel felt safe and was reasonably comfortable. the beds are really low to my way of thinking and the air conditioning controls must have been put on the wall to keep me entertained. it did not seem to matter what temp was selected. tiny elevators, ok breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Larry D
Ayre Hoteles A, Social Media Manager at Ayre Gran Hotel Colon, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear customer,

Many thanks for your comment and for choosing our hotel during your stay in Madrid.

We will make sure that we are improving the aspects you mentioned.

Thanks for help us!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I just stayed at Madrid for four nights and I am happy I stayed at this hotel. I like to discover the city where I am staying and eat at different restaurants, so I didn't make use of the F&B the hotel has to offer, but my overall impression was very positive. The room was clean and though I left the room sometimes late in the afternoon,.. when I came back everything was just put perfect. Located in a quiet neighbourhood, just a 2 min walk from metro Sainz de Baranda. I booked the room for a very affordable price and I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

stayed here over the summer, lovely stylish hotel, walkable through the lovely Retiro park from the main train station (Atocha) where the AVE arrives from other parts of spain. few minutes to the nearest metro, very reasonably priced, especially in the summer when the locals leave for the coast due to the heat.. This is really two hotels together, the only downside to the stay is the reception staff, are all over the place, and the process is very slow, and a pool would be nice..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Ayre Hoteles A, Social Media Manager at Ayre Gran Hotel Colon, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear richierich959,

Many thanks for your comment and for choosing us during your stay in Madrid.
We will make sure that we are improving this aspect you mentioned.
Thanks you for help us with your feedback,

Do not hesitate in contact us for any doubts or require additional information at: socialmedia.colon@ayrehoteles.com

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I took my girlfriend away for a suprise to Madrid for 5 days back in September 2012.

I choose this hotel because it looked nice, clean and modernised, and it very just that and much more!

We flew into Madrid and I planned to use the underground metro to travel to the hotel. There is a metro station just over the road from the hotel which is idea if you're also flying into Madrid.

The hotel is situation just outside the city, probably only 10 minutes by taxi, however on our first day we decided to walk it and found out that inbetween the hotel and the city was a huge park that was lovely, so we decided to walk into the city and back everyday, this took roughly 40 minutes.

The hotel itself was fantastic, and could not fault anything. The room we had was very spaceous, clean and modern. We had a room on the second floor in the corner and we had heard no noise what so ever from anyone or anything.

The bathroom was very nice, big mirror for the lady, and a big double shower.

The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful in answering any of our questions.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samuel L

Dear Samuel L,

First of all many thanks for your kind comments about us.
We are delighted that your experiencia was a success.
Thanks for choosing us during your stay in Madrid.

I remain at your full disposal at socialmedia.colon@ayrehoteles.com

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The locacation is easy to find. The price is very cheap for a 4 star hotel. Reception was very helpful. But there will be a little bit noisy if your room close to the road. After all it's a worth hotle to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Ayre Hoteles A, Social Media Manager at Ayre Gran Hotel Colon, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Wenching L,

Thank you for your kind comments.

We hope to see you again ,

I remain at your full disposal at socialmedia.colon@ayrehoteles.com

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights recently and had a great stay. As long as you aren't looking for a super-central hotel it's great.

The entire hotel is nicely decorated and very clean with generously sized bathroom.

My only negative won't would be that the garden/terrace area looked more impressive on the hotel's website, but a good all-round hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Samantha B,

First of all thank you very much for your kind comments about us.

We are delighted that your experience was a success,

socialmedia.colon@ayrehoteles.com