“Would stay here again”

Ranked #159 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Los Angeles, California
“Would stay here again”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The location is pretty good and the room was quite nice. As a gold member of Marriott rewards, I was upgraded to a nicer room which had a free minibar. The service was friendly and I would definitely stay here again. I stayed at AC Atocha and much prefer this location because of the the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnonTraveler11
Gloria A, Manager at AC Hotel Avenida de America, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments.
It will be a pleasure to seeing you soon, my best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our experience of this hotel was bad the minute we steeped through the door! Check in was the worst ever experienced. I am a platinum member of Marriott rewards so I have stayed in a very large number of their hotels. This place did not get the basics right and provided poor information and had to be prompted or asked for everything. Not even a tourist map was volunteered so we could get our bearings. Literally everything was hard and difficult. We only stayed here for 3 days and everything about the place was poor compared to the level of service received in other Marriott hotels around the world. I would not come back here if I was paid to!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Room607
Gloria A, Manager at AC Hotel Avenida de America, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
First of all Thank for your comments

We really apologize for your bad experience and we are concerned with your comments, as we usually receive positive feedback on front desk attention .

We would like to contact you in order to deal with this issue personally and take proper actions.

Derbyshire
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Stay here regularly as it's near to my office and the service is always great. They initially didn't have my room on the high floor that I'd requested but soon sorted that and rest of stay as good as ever. Very highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Gloria A, Gerente at AC Hotel Avenida de America, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Munich, Germany
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Very good value for money, very clean and fairly large room for a Madrid hotel. Not trying to be too sophisticated just simple, could improve on the breakfast selection, excellent for a business stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MNK666
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had a layover of 12 hours in Madrid so I decided to look for a hotel where I could rest a bit, take a bath before going back to the airport and leave my things to visit Madrid. I found a good price for this AC Hotel because of the May 1st holiday.
As any other AC Hotel I've stayed in Madrid, it is very well kept with clean bedrooms, nice baths and awesome friendly front desk people. It suited perfectly for me to leave my carry-on and backpack so I could go out and spend the day in Madrid.

Location: It's located north of the Salamanca neighborhood, not so close from the center but you could walk 15min and be at the heart of the shopping district of Serrano street. Also, there is a Metro station two blocks from the hotel. Not to mention that 3 blocks from the hotel the bus 200 stops and takes you to the airport in 20 min so it was great.

Room: typical AC Hotel with wooden floor, nice bed and great bathroom. Good WiFi included because of my Platinum status, if not you'd need to pay inside the room. The mini bar was free because of my elite status so it was very useful.

Although it's a bit far from the nicer neighborhoods, it's a good inexpensive choice to stay in Madrid for a couple of nights. I would definitely choose it again even for a longer stay. The public transportation near the hotel makes it a winner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nicolas M
Gloria A, Gerente at AC Hotel Avenida de America, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Advantages:
- close to the center (approx 20 minutes by metro)
- close to av de america intercambiador
- close to shops
- clean and sapcious rooms

Disadvantages:
- free wifi only near the reception
- it is quite noisy at night outside so you cannot open the window

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was the second time I had stayed at this hotel. I had business to conduct in the area and this hotel was a 10 minute walk to the office, so ideally situated for my purposes.

The staff were friendly and efficient on check-in and I was directed to my room with the minimum of fuss. The room was tastefully decorated and had a view over the rooftops of Madrid. The bed was comfortable, there was a desk where I could work, and there was flatscreen TV on the wall. (However there were no English language channels to choose from - not that this was an issue for me as I had little time to watch TV anyway). The rooms are equipped with WiFi for which there may be a small charge unless you had it incorporated in your room rate.

The bathroom was a cool dark green marble and glass with all of the usual amenities.

The hotel had a comfortable lounge bar and small restaurant. I only used for the restaurant for breakfast which was provided as buffet from which you could select all of the usual continental choices or bacon and scrambled egg. A good start to the day.

Nearby there are a number of good restaurants, so I tended to eat out in the evening.

Strangely for me, I did not sleep well whilst there - though I do not believe this was related to the hotel, but rather my over-active mind. I would say that having a 6th floor room this time was a lot quieter than the 1st floor room I had last time.

It's a nice little hotel and I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room up near the top of the building.