AC Hotel Avenida de America
NH Hotels
Catalonia Las Cortes(Madrid)
$137
  • Restaurant
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
$127
$522
$494
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscartagena metro stationmarriott chainfree mini barbusiness tripnice hotellight sleepersuperior roomfifth floorclose to the hotelbed was comfortablevisiting madridneighborhoodeurosairportspainabbacnn
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel is average . The bathroom is amazing , but the breakfast could be better for 15 euros. The team also could be more friendly, I did not get a "good morning" or " good afternoon", while my wife and I were there , and we spent 7 days at this hotel.
It is well located, very close to bus stops and a metro station, and Madrid is a well connected city, public transportation is great, even if the hotel is not exactly near the center, you can get there very easily. The neighborhood is quiet and safe, we walked to the substations without worries.
There are several options for breakfast and lunch nearby , then I suggest you not waste your money eating at the hotel .
We missed a heater in the room, but the hotel is very clean, and the room service is efficient and cleaner who cleaned our room always did a great job .
My only disappointment were the receptionists ... First I thought maybe it was the way Spaniards are . But we met several Spaniards and they were always so friendly with us, I think the team can do much better than they did

Room Tip: Try to get the conner rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Erik_Brito
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel is located a bit away from the tourist attractions but you can get there by metro. I was in Madrid for business so it didn't bother me. Good shopping area is about 10-15 mins walk away, or a short cab ride, for that matter.
The rooms and beds are comfortable, unfortunately no coffee making or ironing facilities. Internet is not free. Didn't bother with the gym as it was closed by 10 pm and seems to be just another guestro om. The noise proofing between rooms and to the aisle are not great, expect to be up early if you are a light sleeper. All in all this is not really Marriott or Courtyard quality, more like Fairfield, but it was good value for money so may go again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Then this is worth it. Good shopping, plenty of little places to eat. Close to avenida de america bus station. Too many up charges for my liking. Greeat staff. Eat at luis I Marisqueria in the alleys near the hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I first heard of AC Hotels when they were being acquired by Marriott. When I needed to visit Madrid for a little more than a week, the AC Hotel, Avenida America seemed to fit the bill for me. It is close to the Metro (Avenue de America {2000 ft.} and Cartagena {1500 ft,}) as well as Madrid's excellent city bus service.

My room was contemporary and well-appointed. It was clean and bright, with high-quality bath products. The complimentary, well-stocked (and re-stocked daily) mini-bar was a delightful surprise!

The highlight however, was the courteous and very helpful staff. Each employee was pleasant, smiling, courteous, and very eager to help with whatever we requested. Everyone was able to speak a little English, with some of them displaying good fluency. My broken Spanish was not a barrier. Two of the male desk staff were particularly outstanding. One person's name we did not get, and the other is Enrique Gomez. Both went out of their way to help with directions, travel time we should expect, and various other prejuntas (questions.)

The only negative was the less-than-stellar (free, however) internet connection. Several times, after leaving for many hours, my internet would not connect from the room, and I had to take the laptop to the lobby to re-establish a good connection. This should be easily corrected, but wasn't.

I will heartily recommend AC Hotel, Avenida America to travelers coming to Madrid. Good service, clean, secure rooms, great customer service, and reasonable prices make this a great choice.

Room Tip: Ask to be assigned a room away from the street. We had heard of noise problems, but did not experience them.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank KarlSuggs
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Room was quite modern, nice bathroom and shower, bed was very comfortable and the service was lovely. Two problems that I found was that all the English channels had Spanish voice overs so there was no point even turning on the tv and that you had to pay to use the wifi in the room... 6 euros for only 1 hour!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple