“Better than it looked on Booking.com”

Tryp Madrid Alameda Aeropuerto Hotel
Ranked #166 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Although this is just another airport hotel, the helpfulness of the staff gives it a distinction. It is easy to find and there is also an efficient transfer service. Even arriving very late on a flight from Beijing/London there was cooked food available. On the return visit for the outward flight the town has a square of great taverna's 10 minutes walk. In the meantime I left a washbag with my spare contact lenses, the manager personally located it and it was waiting on my return. Thanks.

If you have to stay at the airport this is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,412)

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Having to call the hotel for the transport is a little difficult. The wait for the bus was longer than anticipated - but after that everything went smoothly. The reception staff were very helpful, the room was excellent, and the breakfast buffet was fine. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jmcc752_12
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I travel to Madrid every 15 days for business reasons and if I have to stay near the airport Tryp Alameda is always my choice. And it has been so for more than two years! The staff makes me feel at home, they are remarkably friendly. The breakfast buffet is very good and the lunch menu even better, great quality food with style for a popular price.
The rooms are spacious, you are allowed to use Melia's pool during the summer and the tube is 7 min walking just down the road.
Try the terrace for lunch or a coffee, you will come back!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were looking for a Madrid airport hotel that could accommodate our family of 5, and had free shuttle. We had 2 rooms (one for 2 people, one for 3). The rooms were very modern and clean, and exceeded our expectations! We returned our rental car to the airport that evening, and were told to call the hotel when we were ready for the shuttle to bring us back to the hotel. The shuttle arrived within about 5 minutes. We ate dinner in the bar area. The food was great! We had a 7am flight the next morning, so we were told to go to the lobby 30 minutes before we wanted to be at the terminal. We were in the lobby at 5am and the shuttle came shortly after that. We were at the airport by 5:20! The staff at the front desk spoke good English. My only regret is that we didn't have more time to enjoy this hotel. We would definitely recommend it!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Airport Hotels rarely are exceptional and they rarely need to be. In my books a good airport hotel needs to offer only three virtues: close to the airport, frequent airport shuttle, clean rooms - everything else is a bonus.

I ended up in this hotel after missing my flight connection and was subsequently "assigned" to this hotel by Iberia. Upon leaving the airport building, the shuttle was waiting for passengers and got us to our destination in a quick and efficient manner. Check on one of my virtues.

The front desk staff didn't speak a lot, a quiet, kind of slow chap, who got the job done. An ok experience.

The room was surprisingly large, well equipped, decent TV and more importantly free wifi internet in the room. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no aircraft noise at all in this location and that is a real boon for an airport hotel.

The bathroom was a good size and very clean, as was the rest of the room. Check on the second one of my virtues.

If you venture outside the hotel you'll find a bunch of small bars, a supermarkets and more all in very easy walking distance, so you don't need to feel locked up.

The airline had paid for dinner and breakfast, so I "enjoyed" both meals. While dinner left me wanting, breakfast was wonderful with a very good selection. I am not sure I would have been happy to pay for dinner (average), but breakfast would have been a decent investment (above average for Spain, I'd say).

When I was ready to leave at 7am the shuttle was yet again waiting for passengers and got me to the airport. Check on the last of my three virtues.

So my key requirements were fulfilled very well:

easy transport to and from the airport, just about 5-10 minutes by shuttle bus
reasonably large, clean and comfortable rooms without aircraft noise
a good night's sleep, decent breakfast

Even though I didn't pay for this hotel myself, I would have been happy to pay for it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank otzberg
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Room and so on, three stars.
Buffet diner was average and breakfast a little bit nicer.
Internet was free....but it didn't work all the time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel is my favorit Airport hotel at Madrid Barajas. I´m coming there since years.
Bestvalue for money, excellent rooms, clean, friendly staff, quiet.
The free shuttle bus from/to the airport is an added value.
Excellent for business and leisure travel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo