We were at this hotel at the beginning and end of a Trafalgar tour. I can't say anything really bad about the hotel, just nothing exceptional. It isn't near the center of things, being behind the central RR station. It's clean, modern enough and has a decent breakfast buffet. Standard hotel and not memorable. I can't say stay away, because if you don't care about location, it is a decent alternative. On a tour, location isn't as big a thing because you are transported to the main attractions. On your own, it makes more of a difference, at least to me. As an aside, I really liked Madrid, especially the old town. It is a big city and there is lots of traffic, but I enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafaelhoteles Atocha is located few minutes walking to Madrid-Puerta de Atocha high-speed railway station, near to the main museums of Madrid: Reina Sofia, El Prado, Caixa-Forum and Thyssen-Bornemisza. The hotel has 245 equipped rooms with all the facilities needed to make your stay agreeable and relaxing. The hotel has handicaped rooms and smokers rooms. The restaurant Azafran offers the best dishes of Mediterranean gastronomy. The hotel has 8 meeting rooms, ideal to celebrate events up to 800 attendees. Also a garden terrace is available for outdoor events (capacity up to 40 attendees). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rafaelhoteles Atocha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafaelhoteles Atocha Madrid
- Rafaelhoteles Atocha Hotel Madrid
- Hotel Rafael Atocha
- Atocha Hotel Rafael