1,394 results
All reviewspalos de la fronteraminute walknice hotelclose to the train stationwithin walking distancebreakfast buffettapasatochaspaintoothbrushacretirominibar
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We found this hotel on priceline for less than 100 US dollars a night. Before I got here I was really worried that perhaps I made a bad choice from reading the reviews on tripadvisor. This has been an awesome place. Close to the Atocha Metro Station (10 minute walk), walked to the museums. FREE wifi now which was so appreciated! I also found the staff extremely nice and helpful. Rooms was incredibly clean! I did find the rooms a little noisy but aren't most hotels like that? We got a room with a view of a courtyard. What a deal from priceline. Thank you priceline.

Room Tip: Very happy with my reasonably priced room. Thank you priceline!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Bethie643
Javier G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Rafaelhoteles Atocha, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear guest:
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Rafaelhoteles Atocha Hotel. It is wonderful to learn that you liked our convenient location and provided you with attentive service.
Thank you for review and recommendation.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Rafaelhotel is a good choice for a nice sleep when you are in the city for business but I think also as a tourist. First day I got free afternoom is a nice walk from the hotel to the city centre to get to know the city pretty good. The rooms are spacious and clean and got all you need. I missed free wifi at least in the lobby bar. The staff was nice, the breakfast buffet delicious!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jarmila P
Javier G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Rafaelhoteles Atocha, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear guest:
Thank you for your review. We are happy to know you liked our location and the quality of our services. We look forward to serve you again. Best regards.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed as part of a trafalgar group. The hotel is not particularly close to anywhere . The lobby staff were efficient if not overly friendly. Our room was adequate and clean with some wear marks and not well insulated from the outside noise. The lack of free wifi was annoying. For us the lowlight was breakfast .Choices were uninspiring quite a few things ran out and staff were conspicuosly absent. The buffet was designed so thst everyone had to join a single queue which snaked its way painfully slowly across the room. Very inefficient. Then someone spilled their watery scrambled eggs on the carpet. The resultant mess was studiously ignored by the few staff who made a cameo appearance in the room for 30 minutes before it was cleaned up. So unless you are here to use the conference facilities I would give this place a miss.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikeandwendy39
Javier G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Rafaelhoteles Atocha, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear guest:
Thank you for the review of your stay. We are sorry to hear our breakfast did not meet your expectations; we will review with the staff to avoid similar situations in the future. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas.
We welcome any opportunity to improve.
Thanks.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights at this hotel paying an average of $90 per night (with taxes included), prepaid on Priceline. It's located about a ten to twelve minute walk from the Atocha station if you know where you're headed. Unfortunately, when we arrived in Madrid, it was dark and raining slightly, so we took a taxi. The cost was 6.3 euros.
Our room was very nice, clean, quiet, hot showers, good water pressure, fluffy towels, and a minibar which we used to keep our own store bought beer and water.
The front staff were all extremely friendly, professional, and attentive. Check in and check out went smoothly with no issues at all.
On the negative side, the hotel only offers pay wi-fi access in the room. They offer free wi-fi only in the lobby and only for an hour for cheapskates like me. We stayed at five other similarly priced hotels during our vacation in Spain and this was the only one that did not offer free in-room wi-fi.
Another negative is that not only is the hotel located a bit of a walk from the train station but there are no stores or restaurants until you are almost there. So, if you need to something like a bottle of water, you have to decide whether to take a 20 minute round trip walk or pay for the more expensive hotel water.
Overall, this is a nice hotel, that offers a trade off for budget travelers. It's cheaper than being closer to Plaza del Sol but you have to pay for it with the walking distance to the Metro and 1.5 euro per person each way fare to get there.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ka7890
Javiergrao, Guest Relations Manager at Rafaelhoteles Atocha, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear guest:
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Rafaelhoteles Atocha. It is wonderful to learn that we covered your expectations and provided you with attentive service. We are disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the wifi service, but we can inform all our guests that from next month the wifi service will be free in all the hotel rooms.
It is our comitment to meet our guests expectations and we appreciate very much your comments for actions to be taken in the future.
Best regards.

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is not very close to the center, not too far either but you need to walk at least 20 minutes to arrive there. The room where I stayed had air conditioning/heater but was not working. The first night the Internet connection was not working either and the next days was extremely slow. The rooms were clean but some parts were old and without maintenance.
The staff was nice, and my days in this hotel were ok but I think that there are other good options in the city for the same price, however, in the zone all the other options are more expensive, so if I would need to stay around with the same budget I would need to think about it. The meeting room service, is better than the rooms

• Stayed: November 2012