2 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.com$189
Travelocity$189
eDreams$180
3,804 results
All reviews top floor rooftop bar plaza mayor wonderful hotel corner room small balcony mini bar would highly recommend this hotel breakfast buffet is visiting madrid atlantico gran street spain subway
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2019

This hotel far exceeded my expectations... our flight came in early, and not knowing what to do, we went to the hotel very early to drop off luggage and our room was ready!!!... This helped us out tremendously and allowed us to rest up before our day began.. The room was large, spotless... the bathroom was more than what we needed and a luxury for sure... The staff was so kind, helpful with directions, and always pleasant and accommodating.... The location could not have been better, plenty of shopping, restaurants and easily walkable to train station (20 minutes), all museums, and the palace... I can't thank this hotel enough for giving us a dream holiday and I only wish I could go back soon!...

Room tip: All I can say is our room was absolutely clean, spotless, large...
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
evavgarcia, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear hbr211.

We are the ones who can not thank you for your comment and score. Thanks for sharing it with other TripAdvisor travelers.

We are very glad that you have had a pleasant stay at Hotel Atlantico and that you were especially pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the location to be easy access to all areas of Madrid.

It is so pleasing to read that we met all expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Hotel is a 10-minute taxi ride from Madrid Atocha train station. Situated right on one of Madrid’s largest promenades, Gran Via. The facade is beautiful, the concierge was right at the door of our taxi as it pulled up. Hotel check in was very smooth, staff were welcoming. Our room on the 8th floor faced Gran Via with a breathtaking (if slightly scary) view from the small balcony to the street below and the beautiful buildings along the street.

Room was one of the largest we have had on our trip to Paris, Barcelona and Madrid. Very well appointed and extremely comfortable. There was quite a bit of road noise though, even on the 8th floor. We use a white noise app on our cellphone and that helped a lot for sleeping. There were street musicians directly below us but thankfully they stopped at 10 pm. Also the walls were thin, we could hear people talking in the next room. Again, the white noise app helped.

The bathroom was sumptuous with marble appointments, double sinks, commode and bidet and a large bath with two shower heads.

There is a fantastic rooftop lounge with two balconies with amazing views of the city rooftops and inside areas with sofas, tables, a business center and small staffed bar area.

Breakfasts were the usual Spanish buffet, eggs, bacon and sausage, cold meats and cheeses, pastry, fruits, cereal. All very, very good with plenty of tables for comfortable seating.

Location was very central, 15 minute walk to the Palace in one direction, the museums in the Golden Triangle in the other and loads of shops. Make sure you get the hotel’s black and white map of the area though as there are so many streets radiating out from plazas and it is easy to get turned around. The tourist map doesn’t show many of the small side streets but the hotel’s map is very good.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 767valeriea
evavgarcia, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear 767valeriea.

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at the Hotel Atlantico. I'm delighted that you and your husband enjoyed our location directly in Gran Via street, only to a few minutes from the main sights of the city. Thank you also for your nice comments about the room.

I apologize for the noise but although our windows try to block all exterior sounds with a modern and adjustable system of soundproof, sometimes it is very difficult do not have any exterior noise since the hotel is located in one a busy main road of Madrid. Next time I suggest ask for an interior room, less noisy but, not with the same view. Anyway it seems that this was not a big problem for you thanks to the mobil application!. I'm very happy to hear about that.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2019

I stayed at this wonderful hotel in the middle of April and everything was perfect! I arrived very early in the day, before lunch, and my hotel room was ready and they let me check in! This was a very pleasant surprise and very nice of the hotel to let me go to my room so early in the day.

The location of the hotel could not have been better as I was a 10-15 minute walk to all of the major attractions in Madrid. The bus and metro stop were nearby. Cabs are always close by as it is on the Gran Via. $35 cab ride to the airport.

The room and bed were very comfortable and they had chocolates waiting on my pillow every night.

Just the perfect stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Shelby

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 186shelbyf
evavgarcia, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear 186shelbyf

we'd like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and for spending some of your time in writing your nice comment. you for your review it is appreciated.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the location to be easy access to all areas of Madrid.

We hope there'll be another chance to host you, in the meantime please accept our
Warmest regards.

Reviewed April 19, 2019

So central, service was excellent, rooms were extremely clean, hotel absolutely divine, next time in Madrid will stay here again, so classy, loved it. Location outstanding in the middle of shopping and restaurants, so easy to get around from here.

Room tip: view on gran via
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
evavgarcia, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Dear Susy C,

Truly appreciate your review, it is so pleasing to read that we met all expectations. We were all happy to hear you had a nice stay.

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience here for others to read.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

I’ve got nothing negative to say about this hotel. Everything was on point. Service was friendly and efficient, room was clean and spacious, location was outstanding, and breakfast was very good at a great price. Highly recommended for anyone wanting to spend a few days in this wonderful city.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
evavgarcia, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2019

Dear jmsped76,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Hotel Atlántico and for your recommendation. We really appreciate your patronage and recognition of our value.

We are very glad to hear such a nice words about our location,room and breakfast. I will share your comments with the entire staff. They take great pride in their service efforts. It means so much to our team to hear a review like yours.

It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.

With kind regards,