“Truly amazing experience...”
Review of Hotel Atlantico

Hotel Atlantico
Ranked #20 of 442 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed October 20, 2013

At Atlantico, situated in the 'champs-elysee' of Madrid (prime location), you will feel truly pampered. Everything about the hotel is perfect, from the rooms (very well equipped... there are no utilities you can think of which are not there, and all are of amazing quality), amazing bathrooms (great fittings) , the chocolate left by hotel staff on the perfectly made bed everyday, the recommendations for restaurants given by the hotel staff, the scented corridors... In short, this hotel is totally worth the money you spend on it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear traveller f.

We would like to thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding the hotel. It is gratifying to read that is worth the money you paid for your stay!

Your wonderful words are the best compliments for us and I am really proud of them. Please rest assured that I will extend your compliments to the entire staff.

It has been a great pleasure to have you staying at Hotel Atlántico and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,
Assistant Director

Write a ReviewReviews (3,507)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

As others have noted, the hotel is really centrally located so that it is within walking distance of many destinations, e.g., la Plaza Mayor, la Plaza del Sol, and la Plaza de España. Other places are a short taxi ride away or a pleasantly long walk, e.g., the Prada art museum and el Parque del Retiro. I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights during the first week in October.

My room was on the 7th floor facing la Gran Via. I had no problems with noise from the street below. Perhaps this might have been an issue had my room been on a lower floor, as others have suggested. I did hear sirens from a police car or a fire truck but one could hardly expect to have avoided that intrusion.

I upgraded to a superior room and was quite happy with it: hard wood floors, newly remodeled bathroom, double pane balcony windows, comfortable queen size bed, complimentary slippers and bath robe, and quiet, efficient air conditioning.

The best part of the hotel was the very helpful and pleasant staff. Everyone spoke more than acceptable English, but they were happy to allow me to speak in Spanish until I needed to switch to English. I brought 4 new adapters to permit me to charge my phone and I-pad, but none of them fit the outlets in my room. One of the staff found an adapter for me from a few they kept behind the desk and simply gave it to me with no questions asked. Finally, I had called a few days before my arrival to request a room facing la Gran Via on a higher floor, based on reviews I'd read here. They said they couldn't guarantee anything, but I got the room I requested and it was ready a few hours early.

I will definitely stay at this hotel gain the next time I'm in Madrid.

Room Tip: I had no problem with street noise from my 7th floor room facing la Gran Via.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank EDuncan962

Dear EDuncan962.

Thank you for your review it is appreciated.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the location to be easy access to all areas of Madrid.

I am always most reassured to read that it's our personal and friendly service that is most appreciated so thank you for mentioning this. All guest comments are shared with team members on a daily basis.

Thank you again and we do look forward to having you stay once again in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

An excellent hotel with great staff and accommodations. This is as good as the best reviews on tripadvisor. The location for all the usual Madrid attractions and provided an excellent breakfast to start the day which we included with our room.

Room Tip: Jr suite on 3rd floor is clean, spacious and quiet.

Dear Twest710.

Thanks for taking time to post your review of our hotel.

We do appreciate all the great comments. Thank you also for your mention about the hotel staff. I have shared your kind words with them.

I hope we get to see you again in the near future. Thank you again.

Best regards.
Eva García

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel in a great location. We were pleasently surprised upon our arrival (we took the free shuttle from the airport which was very convenient) to be upgraded to a superior interior room which was very large, comfortable, quiet, and nicely appointed. The bathroom was totally modern and included all the necessay toilettries, oversized towels, as well as bath robes and slippers. We had a king size bed which was extremely comfortable. The buffet breakfast is served in a lovely dining room and tastefully presented with ample hot and cold dishes to choose from. The roof top terrace is a lovely spot to enjoy a late afternoon/evening drink. The hotel staff, from the reception to the dining areas to house keeping was very courteus and helpful. The location is within walking distance to many of Madrid's must see museums, sights, and parks. We spent 4 nights here and would definitely stay here again!

2  Thank MegW57

Dear MegW57.

Many thanks for your comments regarding the services and staff during your visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and rest assured that your comments will be shared with the whole team here and read with pride.

We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable thoughts and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again at the Hotel Atlántico.

Faithfully yours,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Wonderful hotel in a perfect location along the Grand Via. Just about everything we wanted to visit was within walking distance. Clean basic room with air conditioning (a must when visitng during summer months). Highly recommend for family / couple / solo travelers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello Lou-Moni.

Thank you for your review and for your recommendations. It is appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

As others have noted, the hotel has a great location, and with the assistance of the cordial staff we were able to walk to many areas of interest. Our large, quiet room was immaculate and included many thoughtful touches like a large walk in closet and a dressing table with its own hair dryer. The roof top terrace is lovely and provides a nice respite. This hotel exceeded our expectations and I would recommend it without hesitation.

1  Thank lsmes

Dear frenzymom.

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review, it is appreciated.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and to read that we have exceed your expectations in the room, cleanliness, location and the roof top terrace.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming your return.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The six of us had a great time in Madrid, and part of the enjoyment was the outstanding Hotel Atlantico rooms, staff and location. Obviously Madrid is a very large city, so the "perfect" location is purely subjective, however, for us, this was the perfect location because it was walking distance from several key locations we wanted to visit, and was otherwise "centrally" located on the Gran Via. The rooms were very comfortable and our balcony had a wonderful view as it overlooked the Gran Via. The bathtub was a plus, as it is a very rare commodity in Europe, and the women really liked it. The staff were always very helpful in finding our destination on the City map, and otherwise giving local recommendations and advise. I certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony view of the Gran Via to add to your enjoyment of the City views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Lexaqua.

Thank you for your nice words with reference your stay at our hotel Hotel Atlántico.

We are really glad our team made your stay a memorable one, and we are really happy you think the hotel is outstanding and very well located. Overall I am also very happy to hear that women liked the bathtub! I understand what important is this for us, the women!

Thank you very much for your comments.

I hope to welcome you back to the six very soon.

Kind regards,