“Fantastic”
Review of Hotel Atlantico

Hotel Atlantico
Ranked #20 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor's recommendations and I was not disappointed. I went to Madrid to visit my son who is studying abroad. After the woman next to me on the plane spilled her orange juice all over my lap I was thrilled to find out I could check in early. I was on the 6th floor. My room was immaculate as was the bathroom. Windows opened to the street and had room darkening shades that allowed me to sleep past 11:00am the next day. The patio bar on the roof top was awesome. The had the best cafe con leche, I miss it already. The beds were firm but I slept like the dead. The decor of the hotel was lovely as was the architecture. Oh and I forgot BEST LOCATION !! We walked everywhere everyday. I never even took the train. And even the Wi-Fi worked well. I was able to check my emails daily without any problems. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I was ok on the 6th floor facing Gran Via. The windows are like a vaulted safe in a Bank.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Your compliments of the Hotel Atlántico are greatly appreciated. I hope you had a nice stay in Madrid during the visit to your son.

We work diligently to offer the best service and a great stay for each guest. It is nice to know when this succeeded.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to write a wonderful review.

We look forward to your return and hope your trip back was not as eventful as the outward journey.

Kind regards,
Eva García

Write a ReviewReviews (3,478)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

First class service at Reception, staff are only too willing to help with any question you ask of them. Rooms very clean as is all the Hotel. Breakfast at 10 euro each is good value for choice and quality. As the courtesy bus did not arrive at the Airport after ringing Hotel they said to pay for Taxi and they would give me the fare on arrival, true enough when we booked in at reception they gave us the 40 euro fare cost.

Room Tip: When walking to the Bus pick up best to contact Hotel to say you have arrived even though they are s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank treacleone2

Dear treacleone2.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us. Whilst I'm pleased to note that we fully met your expectations in terms of location and cleaning, I am very sorry to read of the difficulties you experienced with our shuttle bus service. But I am glad to know that the front desk staff was efficient and effective and solved your problem immediately. I will share your comments with them.

We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable thoughts and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again at the Hotel Atlántico.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel. We stayed 5 nights on this occasion. It was a great experience. Our room was very large and comfortable and the standard of cleanliness was excellent with a well equipped bathroom .We had an inside quiet room. This hotel offers excellent value given its quality and its central location. A nice touch this time was that the breakfast waiter remembered each morning our choice of breakfast beverage. i would recommend this hotel as a great base in Madrid.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the noise of Grand Via.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eoinh
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear eoinh.

Thank you for your review, obviously you have stayed with us previously and it is so pleasing to know you enjoy being with us.

It is so pleasing to read that we met all expectations: room, cleaning, bathroom equipment but I am specially pleased with your comments about the quiet of the room. Thank you also for the mention of the breakfast staff. I have shared your kind words with them.

I hope we get to see you again in the near future. Thank you again.

Best regards.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very nice hotel located in the city center, walking distance from all the main attractions. Helpful and not stressed staff were available whenever you needed them. Buffet breakfast was in a very nice restaurant with a view of Gran Via. Good choice of breakfast items and friendly waiters. We had an excellent 3 nights and would return to the same hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wjsinfrance

Good Morning wjsinfrance.

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed the breakfast and waiters, very important for us, and the location, walking distance from the main touristic attractions.

Most of all though I am especially pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff I always feel is the most important and lasting memory of a hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Great location - next to two main Metro lines.

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was cleaned everyday, bathroom was a great size!

Breakfast was a bit expensive but they did offer a large selection of breakfast goodies.

We stayed here for 4 nights in February, this hotel was everything we were looking for - couldn't of asked for more! If you are visiting Madrid I highly recommend the Hotel Atlantico!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank SuperDuff
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest SuperDuff

Many thanks for your comments regarding the services and staff during your visit. Thank you also for your mention about the location, cleaning and size of the bathroom.

Your feedback is a vital part of our business and it is through your constructive comments that we are able to improve the service we offer guests in our hotel.

We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable thoughts and for your recommendations and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again at the Hotel Atlántico.

Faithfully yours,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked Hotel Atlantico based on all the great Trip Advisor Reviews and I had an excellent experience during my 4 day stay in Madrid. I've provided some details below on my room and pros/cons of the hotel in general....

THE ROOM:

- I traveled solo and stayed in room 517 - I requested a room with a queen bed (sometimes they give you 2 single beds pushed together apparently).
- I also requested a room overlooking Gran Via, but unfortunately didn't get this. I had a nice window room that overlooked the side alley, so I could at least open the window and get some fresh air into the room.
- The room itself was very spacious and immaculately cleaned
- Water pressure in the shower was amazing and the shower head had flashing coloured lights that made for a great light show!
- There was no shortage of mini shampoos & soaps (no conditioner though ladies), a dental kit, kleenex, as well as a shoe polish, sewing & shaving kit.
- There were also 2 different hairdryers in the room (the old school Euro one that looks more like a vacuum than a hairdryer and near impossible to use, as well as a more modern version, which was quite good and easy to use.
- The mini bar in the room was great and pretty cheap - a little bottle of Rioja Wine only cost 3.50 Euros (in the department store across the street it was 3.00 Euros)
- The closet had an easy to use safety deposit box, bathrobes and slippers, but no Iron or Ironing board (I'm sure you could request one)

PROS:

- METRO ACCESS: The hotel is right across the street from Callao Metro Station and a short walking distance from Gran Via and Sol - Once I arrived at the airport I went and bought the Tourist Metro Ticket 3 Day Pass (great value and includes your airport transfer fee) and took the metro from the Aeropuerto to Callao Station by transferring from Line 8 to Line 10 @ Nuevos Ministerios and then transferring again to Line 3 @ Plaza de Espana to finally get to Callao. I had 1 suitcase and a knapsack and found it very easy to navigate with my luggage. I used the Metro throughout my trip to get to different areas of the city and down to Atocha Station to take the train to Toledo & Barcelona.

- LOCATION: The hotel is close to everything you need - shopping, restaurants, cafes (including Starbucks), grocery stores, post office and even the hop on-hop off bus tour is just down the street. All the major touristy spots are close walking distance or easily accessible via metro. Make sure to get a good map though!! I got lost several times.

- HOTEL STAFF: All of them were incredibly friendly and spoke very good English (and were polite enough to pretend like they understood my broken Spanish)

- ROOFTOP TERRACE BAR: It's on the 9th floor and makes the tastiest Sangria!! It's great if you are looking for a nice drink/snack before going out for dinner

- FREE WIFI: The wifi was great and accessible from your room or up on the 9th floor, which was nice if you wanted to have a cocktail and a snack and send a few emails at the same time. I had no problem Skyping / Facetiming the 2nd day I was there, but then on my last day the connection was very bad and wouldn't work - I guess it depends on how many people are using it

- BREAKFAST: This was great and very good value at 10 Euros. There was a good selection of cereals, pastries, dried and fresh fruit, eggs, toast and jams, as well as a self-serve coffee machine that made great cappuccino's, etc. There is also a bottle of sparkling wine on ice and a self serve OJ/pineapple juice machine for those looking to have a mimosa. I would grab an apple & a pear before leaving every morning so that i had a few snacks for the day

CON:

The only con I have about this hotel is the thin walls. I had no problem at all with noise from the street, but the walls are so thin in this hotel that you feel like your neighbours are actually in the room with you. If your neighbour gets up at 6:00am (like mine did) then rest assured, you will also be up at 6:00am with them.

TRAVEL TIP: Take a day trip to Toledo. It's a 30 minute train ride from Atocha Station and an absolutely magnificent city to visit.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Anne P

Dear Anne P from Toronto.

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Thank you also for your detailed description with cons and pros list.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again.

It has been a great pleasure to have you staying at Hotel Atlántico and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights with my husband and loved it!

Room was fairly small however we had a huge bathroom and were situated on the inside of the hotel so had peaceful nights sleep away from the busy main road. The roof terrace on the 9th floor is brilliant and well priced, being on par or better than local bars. It is in walking distance to the majority of tourist attractions and there are numerous metros stations close by too.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank YD2012

Hello YD2012.

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at the Hotel Atlantico and for the nice photo included together with your comments.

I'm delighted that you and your husband enjoyed our location, the room and the roof terrace. But I am most pleased of all though that you enjoyed the room soundporoofing.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Atlántico.

Warmest Regards,