“all about location”

Ranked #21 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
makati
“all about location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

the hotel is situated in the middle of gran via. you can just walk to & from the famous sites of madrid. retail stores, restaurants, cinemas, etc were just a stone's throw away. the room is comfortable (though a bit small). we loved the complimentary little chocolates that they place on your bed :) the hotel staff are very helpful on different information about madrid. they have a rooftop area (in the 9th floor) where you can see the panoramic view of gran via :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear hrh_en-ar.
Thank you very much for your comment. We are very pleased to read that your stay was comfortable, even the room was not very big. Please note we have many different types of rooms and the size depends of the room booked in your reservation. Our hotel also offers Deluxe rooms bigger than the Standard rooms. Also I am very happy to read that that you have enjoyed the central location of the hotel which we know how important is to make easier visiting the city.
We really hope there'll be another chance to have you all here soon.
Eva García

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Princeton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

In real estate. they say that it's all about location. Well, the Atlantico has it! It is superbly located within walking distance to some of the most popular Madrid tourist stops. In addition, it is a friendly place with a lovely rooftop space from where I was able to take some excellent night pictures of Madrid. The front desk was friendly and full of great recommendations for dinner - and not just at the touristy places. We've stayed at fancier hotels - the Atlantico isn't 5 star but for us in Madrid it was perfect! Thanks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear HandM61.

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at the Hotel Atlantico. I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location directly in Gran Via street, only to a few minutes from the main sights of the city. Please rest assured that I will extend your compliments to the front desk staff for their recommendations and friendliness.
It has been a great pleasure to have you staying at Hotel Atlántico and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just got back last week from a few days break in Madrid. The hotel is what you need if you are not planning on spending a majority of your time in the hotel. Location is as central as you would like and cabs were cheap as most places are near by and if you feel fit then a 15/20 minute walk will take you to most attractions. The hotel staff were exceptional and Carman at the roof top bar was an amazing host. You feel welcomed and the rooms although a little dated didn't pose a problem. The shower was powerful and the room comes with everything you would need in a small/medium sized room. The staff are humans and I feel some comments on here about rude staff are probably down to travellers not keeping an open mind. There were 6 of us staying at the hotel and none of us had a bad thing to say apart from the walls are thin between rooms so if you want your neighbours to hear your partners moans and groans I suggest a simple game of "who groans most!" Breakfast we didn't sample as we went out every morning, lots of places near by for food and my highlight of the trip was the Bernabu Stadium and drinks at one of the many roof top bars in Madrid. Boating in the park was fun and the San Miguel market is worth a visit. If you there on a Sunday visit the huge market and word of caution beware of your wallets and phones. Dirty little thieves from across the continent will try and make u sign petitions and steal your gear or just point blank pick pocket you, children are used as a decoy too. Witnessed many poor victims even local were impacted so have your wits about you. Overall great hotel will only stay there as value for money and location. If you are from London this is like a 4star boutique hotel on Oxford Street. Avoid set tours if you are able to, staying here you can do everything yourself and save on cost.

Room Tip: Ask for room 513 big bathroom and nice balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TH04KAR
Dear Reviewer from London!

Thank you for your detailed review of The Hotel Atlantico.

I am happy that you enjoyed our central location with all its wonderful attractions and Museums.
I am delighted to read that Carmen and the entire staff took such good care of you during your stay. They was delighted to read your comment as they really do their best to make sure all our guests have a wonderful time.
I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back to Hotel Atlantico again soon.

Kindest regards,
Eva Garcia
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Hotel Atlantico is a top notch, quality hotel on Gran Via in Madrid. The room was well appointed and I felt very comfortable. I define comfort by 1) Quality of Bath/Shower 2) Quality of Sleep 3) Do I feel comfortable in my room? In all three cases, I give Hotel Atlantico my highest rating for comfort and quality. The bathroom was spacious with dual sink/vanity, dual shower head, and high quality towels. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. Overall, I found the room to be very accommodating. The hotel and room were also very well maintained and spotless. I found the breakfast at 9 eu per day to be a great deal.

I found the location of be almost ideal. If you want the best location in Madrid - look no further. The hotel is right on Gran Via in the head of the shopping district. We were within 15 minutes walk to El Prado, Puerto Del Sol, Palacio Real, and Plaza Mayor. Also, the hotel is within a block of the Metro stop.

I would return to this hotel next time I visit Madrid.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jfrworld
HotelAtlanticoMadrid, Assistant Director at Hotel Atlantico, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear jfworld,

Your compliments of the Hotel Atlántico are greatly appreciated. Thank you to give us the highest rating in comfort and quality. We work diligently to offer the best service and a great stay for each guest. It is nice to know when this succeeded. Your compliments of our location is also very much appreciated.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to write a wonderful review. We look forward to your return.

Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Front desk staff was stern and severe, we did not feel welcomed.

One of the best things about the hotel is the location. Very central to a lot of sights. Very close to metro and hop-on/hop-off bus which worked well for us.

We got a " courtyard" room which looked out on a small shaft with no view and no greenery. The good news was the room was quiet and dark. Since this hotel sits on one of the busy streets, It can be noisy. The air conditioning worked fine. The room was slightly larger than a typical European hotel room. Everything was very clean. The buffet breakfast was very satisfactory. There was no coffee or tea in the room and it was awkward to go get some at the upstairs bar. There is a Starbucks and a nice grocery about 250 meters away at the Callao Square.

One time, when I purchased a tour at the front desk, I paid with a 100 Euro bill, the desk clerk gave me change as if I had paid with a 50 Euro. When I questioned him, he argued with me. However, when he opened a drawer, there sat my 100Euro, so he adjusted the amount. I had a slight feeling that it may not have been a honest mistake.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are darker and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear manyplacewest from Utah.

First of all thank you for taking the time to send us your review.

I am really very sorry for the incident occurred during your stay. I have already informed to the Front Desk Staff, included the Manager about your complaint in order to solve this matter and that such incidents do not occur anymore in the future. The receptionist is very sorry for what happened and he apologize if it seemed dishonest at some point, as this was not his intention, only was a misunderstanding with the change money.

On the other hand I am very happy to read that you liked our breakfast, air conditioning, quiet room and location and we are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us
Thanks a lot to help us to improve our services for our guests.

I hope you can give us another chance and we can accommodate you again on your next visit to Madrid.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is excellent in everyway. The staff are kind and courteous, the surroundings oppulent and spotless, the rooms spacious and comfortable, the breakfast is great and the location on the Gran Via is fantastic. This hotel clearly works hard to maintain the highest standards and it shows. The price is excellent too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dee8Dublin,

Many thanks for your comments regarding the services and staff during your visit. We work hard to give the best to our customers and it is very comforting when they communicate us in their reviews that they have noticed this, as in your case now.
We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable thoughts and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again at the Hotel Atlántico.

Faithfully yours,
Midlands, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I struggle to find anything to fault about this hotel. Beautiful decor, very professional and efficient staff, very nice rooms and a lovely lounge/bar area on the 9th floor that's sumptuously decorated and serves complimentary tea and coffee after 3.30 pm, plus a small business centre that allows one to print out for no charge. A very nice breakfast. If I return to Madrid I shall most definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smitherson
Dear Smitherson,

Thank you for your recent stay with, for your compliments and for your recommendations. Thank you also for your mention about the hotel staff. In addition, we are all very happy that the business center has been on help, the breakfast on your taste and de decoration to your liking.

I hope we get to see you again in the near future. Thank you again.
Best regards.