“Loved it!”
Review of Lieu Restaurante - CLOSED

Lieu Restaurante
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Description: Lieu, "place" in French, is the place in which you will delight your senses in the exquisite environment of the new restaurant of Amnistía street in the "Madrid de los Austrias", heart and emblematic area of Madrid.The warm and friendly welcome from your hosts, the tasteful decor and the excellence of the dishes prepared by the chef Daniele Scelza will make your dining experience pleasantly memorable.We look forward to see you.
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went last night for our final meal in Madrid, and we were absolutely delighted with this finale!! We rocked up without any reservation thinking that we would try our luck. Turns out there was only 1 other table there. We were initially a bit hesitant about this but am I glad that we went through with it!

As soon as we sat down we were presented with a cocktail aperitif and some olives. We had the Gastronomic menu with appetizers/starters, a fish course, a meat course, dessert and petit fours. The food was amazing - certainly the best I had in Spain (we also went to Barcelona before), with beautiful presentation and lovely flavours. The dishes in the Gastronomic menu are supposed to be set but they were accommodating with one or two changes that we requested. Ambiance and service were also fantastic, and would be an ideal place for a romantic dinner.

For what we got we certainly felt it was a great bargain for what we paid, especially when compared to some of the other fine dining restaurants from around the world. A 'must try'!!

• Visited February 2013

Davie, Florida
“Great Restaurant! Loved it!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Definitely a "must" visit when you go to Madrid, Great Service! beautiful environment, and the food is amazing! My husband and I had the Tasting menu and we loved it! We have friends living in Madrid and they recommended it, and they were not wrong! we really enjoyed it! Try the Banana Cake, it's to die for!!! I you go to Madrid don't miss it!

• Visited February 2012
Toronto, Canada
“A meal to die for!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have you ever wished you could attend the F word with Chef Ramsey and get royal treatment? Well say no more, this is your opportunity to make your dream come true. A friend recommended me Lieu and I am so thankful he did. This is not your regular place, this is a high upscale restaurant and they surely make you feel like a celebrity. The food is absolutely amazing; did I mention you can see the kitchen from the dining area? And not every restaurant dares doing this.
This follows every chef and food critic standards of keeping the menu simple but with high quality items. If I wanted to have issues choosing what to order I would go to a Chinese restaurant and have 300 items to choose from. The food is so well presented you don’t even want to destroy its beautiful presentation by eating it.
Next time you are in Madrid, treat yourself to one of the best gastronomic experiences ever. You won’t regret it

• Visited January 2013
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overall great experience, a must go in Madrid!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Attended Lieu in two occasions while visiting Madrid, both times the service was excellent. From the minute you walk through the doors, you are being greet it and directed to your table. You are able to see the kitchen from the dining area, as well as the wine cellar, a good touch I must say. Although, the menu isn't very large in variety the food was very well presented, and tasty. However, don't get me wrong! you have plenty of choices to make when it comes down to the menu. As I am not all that familiar with wine, they were very pleased to help with something that will accompany your meal. Daniele came to the table on both of my visits, very nice guy that knows how to treat his customers. If you are willing to try anything, ask Daniele what he recommends. I must say it was a great dining experience overall, a must go if you are in Madrid!

• Visited November 2012
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Special Birthday Meal”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My friends and I visited this restaurant whilst staying in Madrid and had booked it based on trip advisor reviews.
We all ordered from the Tasting menu which included Includes two appetizers, two starters, one fish, one meat, two desserts, and petit fours for €60. We all had a great experience tasting dishes that we would not have neccesarily ordered ourselves (luckily none of us are fussy eaters and can imagine it would not been as enjoyable as a group if one of us had been) This is because the dishes served are the chefs choice and can vary. ( worth checking out the menu online beforehand http://www.lieu.es/menu)
I enjoyed the meal as a whole enjoying some courses more than others ( did not enjoy the suckling pig ears!!) and the wine was pricey but as we were there for a special occasion we did not mind!
The only negative would be we booked to early for Spain! we were seated at 8pm and the restaurant did not come alive till gone 10!
I would definitely book to go again next time i visit Madrid!

• Visited December 2012