“Cute place, good vegetarian options”
Review of Taberna Lifara - CLOSED

Taberna Lifara
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Melbourne, Australia
“Cute place, good vegetarian options”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went to Lifara based upon reviews in Trip Advisor, and wasn't disappointed. I was the only one there as it was quite early, and the man didn't speak much English but we got along fine. The menu was very interesting and had numerous vegetarian options.
After I sat down he presented a nice complementary appetiser plate with crisps, a small wrap filled with potato salad, and a piece of toast with caramelised onion and brie - very tasty.
I had two croquettes (mushroom and blue cheese), then red peppers filled with mushrooms with red pepper sauce and rice. My only negative comment would be that there was a lot of sauce on the pepper dish and it was a little salty, but I rarely eat salt.
All this, along with a coke, cost 13.20 euro - very reasonable. Thoroughly recommended.

• Visited March 2013

“Nice spot”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Relaxed little tapas bar with vegan options near plaza mayor. You can't beat that in the land of Jamon Serrano....But seriously a nice little place with friendly staff, inexpensive food and drink, beg friendly and near all of the central sites.

1 Thank mcgagne1
Milton Keynes
“A hidden jem”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to give this place a go. A bit off the crowded part of the town, it offers nice and cozy atmosphere, a very friendly owner/waiter, and very excellent food. We had a couple of tostas - with goat cheese and onion jam and with cream cheese and marmalade - both very tasty. We tried also the 'Lifara' salad - a mixed leaf salad with fried bacon strips and goat cheese, which was delicious. A plate of iberico ham, a side of patatas bravas, a couple of bottles of water and 3 very generous aguardiente drinks (a local strong alcohol drinks) totalled to around 30 euro which in my opinion was a really good value for money. I would definitely visit it, should I come to Madrid again.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank rhsquared
Bristol
“Such a nice and cosy place”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

During my last trip to Madrid I found this bar by chance (actually I was kinda lost while looking for another place) but I got highly surprised. The good was really nice and natural (not like the pre-frozen stuff you can see in other places). Moreover, I found it quite affordable compared with the prices in the area. The place is really cosy, with an original decoration and good music (which by the way wasn't too loud, fact that I appreciated).

The service was efficient. Although they couldn't speak English there was this nice guy (the owner I guess) always trying to help. The menu was in English too, which made it easier for me, as my Spanish is not that good enough yet.

In conclusion: highly recommended. Don't miss the chance if you can drop by!

• Visited November 2012