“A wonderful experience”

Neighborhood: Arguelles
Shepherd, Montana
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I dined here on my own, early in the evening, and from the moment I walked in to the time I left, I was pampered and taken care of, in the most professional way, with exactly the right amount of European style and élan. I had a seasonal tasting menu, which included rabbit, saffron foam, exquisite seafood….. the dishes were almost too large but I managed the lot! The waiter / sommelier brought me a menu in English, took me through the wine menu, recommended a wine that really suited my taste and was still affordable. My everlasting impression is of a warm, stylish restaurant, with clever, dramatic and delicious food, personal yet unintrusive service. I'd definitely go bak next time I'm in Madrid!

• Visited April 2013

Madrid, Madrid, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ideal cuisine.”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Madrid’s haute cuisine has Caoba as a reference, where its gourmet sampling menus go with the season of the year and the wide variety of wines accompany the dishes with an ideal touch.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nmesa
Wrexham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb restaurant”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

What an evening? Started at 9pm with a warm welcome and some drinks in the bar area. Then downstairs to the most elegant of dining rooms. Waiters were most helpful and made you feel relaxed. The nine courses that followed were just heavenly including Squid, Giant prawn, sea bass, ox cheek, lemon cheese cake with orange sugar, petit fours. The cheese board was for me the highlight of the night. Absolutely delicious with cheese from Spain,Italy,and France all intricately explained to us by our waiter. Wine list selected from a touch screen tablet was very extensive and I might say a tad expensive. We selected wine from the "cheaper end" of the list which was indeed very good. Best meal we have ever had! A great night out!

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Please open in NYC”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

YOU HAVE TO GO !

I live in NYC and there are so many many amazing restaurant, the list is endless Daniel, Masa, Jean Georges, Per Se, Momofuku Ko, Brooklyn Fare Chef's Table!!! I'm using these restaurants, a limited scope of what NYC has to offer, as the only way I can describe the caliber of the experience I had in Caoba.....(amazing name!) The decoration alone is unlike any other I have seen. Extremely elegant and modern..... I'm a very nosy person and like to ask many questions but a key questions to ask at Caoba is, Can I get a tour of your restaurant? The different rooms that they have for dining and the attention to detail, simply put unbelievable. Really worth going 10 to 15 mins before your reservation to enjoy a cocktail and ask them to give you a quick tour.

I WANT FOOD !!!

........ I have to say, I have been to many places and few have been the perfect combination of ambience, service and oh yes FOOD.

I have taken the time to type my menu (they gave me a copy) so that as my mouth is watering and I have not heard any bells (pavlov's dog) you too can salivate as you read through them.....

Melon salad and Seared Razor Clams with fresh Almonds, Mullet Bottarga and Mint

Raw Squid “Ravioli” of Santa Pola Red Prawns with cherry salad

Norwegian Lobster and scallop cappelletti with a sauce of burrata and nero di seppia

Monkfish with crispy shavings and dried fruit, lamb sweetbreads, snow peas and pea sauce

I did not want to stop! dish after dish I cleaned the plate (bad manners but even used the bread to mop up the sauce many times). lucky for me that my lady doesn't eat much and let me reach over and finish the job!

and then...they moved the cheese table to my side................. yeah.... that did me in!

From that point on, the only thing that I could do was to drink the perfect wines they recommended and finish with a Brandy. (I have to add that the brandies we drank that night were on the house! )

So in closing, If you ever decide to open a restaurant in NYC I will probably be there every night! So please open one. Until then, hope I can stop by soon!

Your truly

Rafael

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Rafael M
New York, New York, United States
“The new benchmark of the superb culinary experience”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Caoba has redefined the meaning of flavor. It gave my family and me (party of 8) an unforgettable evening of great experiences. This restaurant stimulates all your sense. The decoration and ambiance is a combination of "sophisticated hip elegance". The cuisine has the finishing touches and passion that a master chef should have, and the service leaves left all of us speechless. I am impressed.

• Visited June 2012