“Avoid this tour company!”
Review of Pullmantur Bus

Pullmantur Bus
Ranked #242 of 285 Tours in Madrid
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I took the full day tour to Toledo. The tour guide in the morning was barely pleasant. Clearly this was just "a job" and she didn't care about the patrons. After touring the palace in the a.m. we returned to Madrid to the plaza de Oriente. We had one hour for lunch at a restaurant near the pullman tour office, included in the price of our ticket. Even though there were plenty of empty tables outside tour group had to sit inside in a stuffy dining room. They offered 3 appetizers and 3 entrees to choose from. Poor food quality, no one in the group was happy with fillet of veal which was like shoe leather. The afternoon guide was more personable. We had about 12 persons both in am and pm groups.The only positive about this company is the buses were very clean and air conditioned

2  Thank CMP508

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I can't say stay away BUT BEWARE!! We took a tour with Maria Jose to Avila and Segovia - no time at all to look around in Avila. Do NOT book the lunch at Segovia - there are MORE THAN plenty restaurants with better foods and cheaper prices all around the square. Maria Jose had a difficult time keeping control of her group and everyone had to pay for the disorganization. In Segovia we opted out of the cathedral tour for some souvenir shopping and were told to meet at the "palace at 3:40" for that tour. There is no palace it is referred to as the "Alcatraz" we showed up at 3:15 to wait for the tour (with 1 bathroom break) it wasn't until 4:05 we asked others inside the Alcatraz about our tour when we were informed our tour inside the Alcatraz was already in process and almost over?!! We found Maria Jose who swore she looked for us - I reminded her she had told us to be there at 3:40 to which she said well, we started at 3:26??!! She said she had no control over her group (big surprise) I pointed out that if she was not going to start on time she should have opted to atarting 5 minutes late and NOT 15 minutes early - she seemed confused - (big surprise)

5  Thank 65marlu
Reviewed March 17, 2012

While in Madrid, I decided to take the Pullmantur full day tour of Toledo. Overall, the tour was excellent and in my opinion, a good value. The tour was conducted in both English and Spanish; and the tour guide described each attraction in both languages. The tour is offered without lunch for 58 Euros, with a "tourist lunch" for 70 Euros, and with a "typical" lunch for 77 euros. I chose to take the tour without lunch thinking that I could grab a bite somewhere for considerably less than 12 to 19 Euros. What I did not know is that the restaurant was located on a mountain outside of town and that there were no other dining options. If I had it to do over, I would elect to take at least the "tourist lunch". Other than the lunch issue, the tour was very worthwhile.

6  Thank Charlie_From_Ohio
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Bus - comfortable and nearly empty during the winter holiday season. 8 people on this tour.

Guide - Anna was very knowledgeable and informative about the various sights both at and along the way to Toledo. She presented the information in Spanish, English and Italian. All with a charming accent and warm smile. Impressive indeed.

Tour - Took an hour to get from Madrid to Toledo. Stopped 5 minutes before reaching Toledo for a cafe/restroom break at a souvenir store before getting to Toledo. Upon reaching Toledo we walked up and down the narrow streets of Toledo and in and out of chruchs, historic spots and museums and at a nice pace for photos and absorbing the atmosphere. Watched a short educational video at a museum and ended at a jewelry/art shop and were able to see items being made by the craftsmen.

Pullmantur company - I didn't get great instructions from the travel company and we missed our original tour time/date. But the company was very accommodating and allowed us to go the next day instead and even picked us up from the hotel. Nice service. Note that the Pullmantur office is a bit hard to find around the Plaza Oriente. Give yourself extra time to find it.

Value - worth the money spent.

5  Thank myoshi
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We did a 1/2 day tour. Very knowledgeable tour guide. It took and hour to get there and an hour to get back. That gave us 3 hours for a walking tour. Mostly museums and cathedrals. Very little shopping time, other than the two stops at the beginning and end of the trip with a pre-arranged bathroom, coffee, shopping stop. Don't buy anything at the stop on the way there. Prices for the same items are much cheaper in Toledo, but you will need to sneak away from the tour to do any shopping in Toledo. In hind-sight, it would have been better to take the train or rent a car. I am not huge on museums / cathedrals. One here and there is fine, but would have rather had more time to shop, see things other than museums, and have a coffee/snack a nice cafe. But, the tour itself was great. The bus was very comfortable. A/C was fine (in response to a previous post). It was nice having someone else do the driving and giving us some history on the way there.

Price: $43 euro for a 1/2 day tour.

3  Thank Lesley L