“Just Eh”

Ranked #229 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Istanbul, Turkey
“Just Eh”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is the best place to spend a night before your flight. Barajas airport is very close and they have free transfer. But the rooms and services like internet etc. are just avarage. Being a bit far from the city center and most of its famous places is making it hard if your trip is more than one night..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was returning to Madrid on a Saturday afternoon and leaving for the return to the US early in the morning. Thus I wanted a hotel very close to the big Madrid Barajas airport and this one was only 3 Km from Terminal 4. It had a free shuttle van from 6 am to 23:30 pm that was very convenient and stopped at all the terminals. The hotel was in a quiet hotel neigborhood just off the airport freeway, with several very nice small cafes and beer/wine restaurants within a block or two. The hotel restaurant was open for breakfast and dinner only and It did not seem to be open for dinner the night I was there. The breakfast was only average. The staff was friendy and there was good free wi-fi throughout the two buildings with the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Recommendable NH Hotel for one or two Nights. During our Trip in that Area, we spend there on Night and can say, that it was all normal and clean there. Reception Employee was friendly and did make a fast Service at CheckIn. Little bit basic Interiour, but just for sleeping there, it is recommendable. There was also Breakfast Service available, but we did not make use of it, due our early Departure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Not far from Barajas airport, this hotel is the best place to spend a night before your flight. They provide a free transfer from Terminal 1, it takes 10 minutes to get to the hotel by comfortable micro-bus. Despite of late arrival we were caught by them in 10 minutes after call, although it was out of transfer time-table (6-23). The stuff in the hotel was pretty friendly. Next day we had a flight at 7-35 so they warned us we had to check out before 6 a.m. to take the 6-00 bus, because the next one was at 6-40 supposed to be too late to make all the procedures at the airport. Don't know how it happened but we overslept and appeared in the reception only at 6-09 so we missed the bus. Despite of this they called the driver back to the hotel especially for us and we left at 6-20 and was entering the Terminal 2 at 6-30. They assisted us to take our belongings to the bus and did all to make sure we were in time. Many thanks

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Romanb2007
New York, USA
Reviewed February 6, 2013

After I was booked on a flight that did not exist, I was left stranded at Madrid Airport for over 24 hours. A Spanish businessman recommended the hotel to me.

They have a free shuttle bus that runs every 40 minutes. I went by taxi which cost me about 20 Euros.

The hotel reminds me of a Marriott Courtyard hotel. The room was small but clean and pleasant with a TV and shower. The cost was about 60 Euros plus 9 EU for breakfast. The dinner menu was limited and about 15 EU.

I was allowed to use the computer for free. What I liked was that the subway station is nearby. It cost 2 EU to get to the Opera station downtown and took about 30 minutes.

I had a great time visiting downtown; the Palace, Plaza Mayor etc. The hotel concierge made some suggestions.

About a 20 minute walk away there is a huge shopping centre. You just cross the highway bridge.

The next day I got a free shuttle bus to the airport 10 minutes away.

If you require a cheap decent place to stay near the airport without getting depressed, this is a great place to stay. The staff were very helpful. The Hilton would have cost double and as Iberia refused to pay, I was in no mood to spend a lot of money for the night.

Al in all I had a pleasant 26 hours in Madrid and did not get bored. The TV channels they offered were also excellent.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor as mine was a bit dark on the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank semsemsemsem
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed at this hotel two nights. I have stayed at other places in Madrid and I found this very average. Hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. Breakfast wasn't overly big but it was good. The rooms are very sparce. No carpet and mine was freezing when I arrived. It took a long time to get it warmed up. Many bathrooms only have showers. It is an old hotel but conveniently located to the airport. There is also a nice walking path near and it is close to the subway entrance. I also found the walls to be thin. I could hear doors closing, elevators, talking, etc.... Would recommend it for an extended stay but it is okay for a night or two.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Overall very unhappy with this hotel.
Stayed here on a business trip.
The room was clean on the surface but underneath was grubby, with stains on the bedcovers, and a mouldy bathroom.
The breakfast buffet was not kept stocked, so that in my visit there was no milk, and limited breads and pastries, as there were not enough staff to keep the buffet replenished.
I asked the hotel to book me a taxi for the following morning and asked their advice on how long ot would take. The taxi did not arrive at the time I had requested and I had to ask twice for them to call for a taxi. For the journey time I was told one hour... in fact the journey took 10 minutes even in rush hour traffic so I was ridiculously early for my business meeting.
Overall really could not reconmend this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SwissEmma

Travelers are raving about these Madrid hotels