“Convenient”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 28, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Damien M
GOUREAUNICOLAS, General Manager at Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

There are newer reviews for Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Overall the hotel is good, i will stay here again. The location seems not to be very good, its far away from any shopping. The reception girl in evening didn't know that they have international electrical adaptor for sale, I had to put lot of effort to buy one. Breakfast is very good, you have lot of choices. Toilet has extra toiletries like saving foam which is good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank spknp
GOUREAUNICOLAS, General Manager at Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is highly appreciated to hear so nice comments about our breakfast.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding of the International Electric Adaptor.

You can be sure that your impressions will motivate our team and we will try harder to meet the expectations of our guests.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a pre-purchased trip to Spain (Barcelona and Madrid). This hotel was about a 15 minute walk to the train station to get into the City Center. The hotel is in a fine location for business travelers (as we saw many large corporate headquarters in this location), however, just too far for those wanting to experience the center of Madrid and its history. After a 15 minute walk to the train station (my husband and I are both fairly young and in shape and walk at a brisk pace - so this could be longer for others) the train ride to anywhere we wanted to go was at least 30 minutes, sometimes involving multiple connections. Madrid does have a very easy to use Metro system, however, this hotel was just too far us to really experience Madrid at its fullest. Example: We would leave hotel in the morning and return in the evening. Normally we would take advantage of nightlife in a large city, but staying at this hotel it was just too much of a hike to go back out after a long day of site-seeing. We would grab dinner when we were still in the city rather than go back to hotel, change and go out for the night.

The room we were put in was beat and worn-out. There was mold in the shower and floor molding were coming apart and really beat-up. Also loose wire for electric hanging out of the wall. It did have a small couch so that was a plus. Also the safe did not function properly so we were afraid to put our valuables in it. The hair dryer in the room also did not work so that a bit frusutrating. Staff was friendly enough, but we really didn't have any interaction with them.

A nice, plentiful breakfast buffet was included with our stay. They buffet had any type of food you could want: large assortment of pastries, Spanish omelette, chorizo, bacon, yogurt, cereal, fruit, even desserts!

I would not recommend the hotel if you want to experience Madrid as a tourist.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank melissa350

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Madrid Puente De La Paz. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

It is highly appreciated to hear so nice comments about our staff and our breakfast.

Assistan Manager

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The hotel is really nice and the staff is friendly. Also is located near many attractions in the city. The breakfast was okay. There are near by restaurants and coffee shops where one can get something to eat.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Giardino88
GOUREAUNICOLAS, Assistant Manager at Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I contact you to thank you personally for taking the time and let us know your opinion about your stay in Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz .

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in May 2013 for business training in Madrid, so it was my company who chose the hotel. It served its purpose perfectly, but I don't think I would stay there for a personal trip to Madrid, purely because it is so far from the city centre. I did stay an extra 3 nights in order to see Madrid, as it was just easier than moving to another hotel.

My room was spacious, clean and had everything i needed. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was adequate and of a typical Spanish style. We also were provided with tapas / light bites during our training class, which were lovely. The buffet style lunch provided each day was also quite good, and again very typically Spanish (lots of fish, ham, salads, paella etc.)

We went into Madrid city centre every evening, which took approx 30 mins on the bus which leaves from directly outside the hotel. The bus journey is not so bad, but as I mentioned already, if I was staying these for sightseeing, it would have been an annoyance.

Lastly, the pool was only open on the first day that I arrived. I grabbed my swimming gear and had a great swim and some sunbathing. I was so glad that I did, as they closed the pool within minutes of me leaving it and never reopened it despite the lovely May weather. Other guests had joined me down by the pool that day too, so there was definitely demand for it to be open. I'm guessing that the decision to close it came from someone who may not have been in Madrid at the time. This is the only logical explanation I can think of.

Apart from the strange pool policy and the lack of a gym, I can't fault this hotel for a business trip.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gorettikid

Dear Guest,

It is highly appreciated to hear so nice comments about our staff and our services.

We take note of your opinion about our location but we do not understand because the swimming pool was opened in May. Our pool policy is to open it from June to September.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GOUREAUNICOLAS, Manager at Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Excellent and fast checking, immediate reaction to open a new attendance for checkout. The room and breakfast are of high standards. Excellent choice, the access from the airport is fast and it is simple and quick to get a taxi.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It is highly appreciated to hear so nice comments about our hotel.