“Clean, efficient room near the airport”

Novotel Madrid Campo de las Naciones
Ranked #207 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Ventura, California
“Clean, efficient room near the airport”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The room is compact, but includes a hideabed couch, an efficient desk arrangement, a comfortable bed and good air conditioning. We enjoyed the best breakfast of our Trafalgar tour. Fresh squeezed oj, pastries, fried eggs, sliced ham,and four cheeses, with tables available inside or outside on a flower filled courtyard. It is very easy and inexpensive to access central Madrid via the metro station which is only a block away.The pools are lovely. The staff was quick to provide directions and maps. The free airport shuttle runs every half hour, so the hotel is a good choice if you are making a stopover.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dkayrenick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stay 2 nights in September, the staff is friendly, but the room are very old. and not perfectly clean. There is a limited choice at the breakfast.
I book by Internet a suite, they gave me a normal room, when I entered in the room, I was really desapointed, room small, not clean, smelling like a smoking room. I came back to the reception i said i was really unhappy, because I booked a suite , I had to show my Internet booking to prove it ! They changed my room.
the suite was better but still not fully clean with small towels and noise ; like in an hotel from the 70
The only good thing of this hotel, it is the price, and according where we need the location. but next time I will go the NH.

Room Tip: The suites are larger and have been reburnished
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We arrived late at Barajas Airport (after 10 pm) but it was excellent that we received dinner until 11 pm.

Also, it was excellen that you provide free shuttle bus service to Barajas from 6 am in every half an hour.

The room was good as always and we were satisfied with your service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was not over excited during my two day stay here for business travel. The room provided was so large it felt empty and the furnishings looked old. Minimum requirements in terms of amenities: no ironing board and a coffee maker for which they forgot to provide coffee my second morning. Only convenience the location if you have meetings in the surrounding business area, but I will try the Pullman (next door) when I come back to Madrid.

1 Thank vitt71
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times, fly into Madrid, get the Metro Line 8 from Madrid Airport, get off a few stops down at the Campo de las Naciones and you're within 200 metres of the hotel. Splendid. If you want to swoop in, attend a conference, swoop out without seeing Madrid itself, this is the one for you.

The hotel has free wifi, beer in the bar, food in the restaurant and a swimming pool located outside on level 1 so you can have a swim and enjoy the sun and walking distance to the Conference Centre.

Rooms are adequate with TV, mini bar and Tea / Coffee making facilities and good sized bathrooms so that's all fine.

Restaurant is okay although they hadn't got my 1st or 2nd choice wines nor did they have the Monkfish so that was annoying but the food I did get, especially the tapas starter to share was very good.

You can into Madrid on the Metro if you want to explore since line 8 connects to most lines at some point.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor provide easier access to the pool located on the same floor. Rooms above X1...
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night in August. We had 2 communicating rooms for us 4 (our 2 kids-4 and 1- my husband and I), taking advantage of their family offer: book the second room for half price. We paid 118 euros in total for these 2 rooms, which we found to be a great price. The shuttle from and to the airport is complimentary and a short 5min ride away. The subway station is a short walk (100m) away and only minutes from the city center. We even cabbed it for the return as the kids were exhausted and only paid 10euros for the ride.

The rooms are new, modern and clean. Each room has either 2 double beds or a Queen size bed, as well as a sofa bed. Black out blinds made the rooms nice and dark. The bathrooms were nice: new and large. No bathtub, only shower. The AC can be set to whatever you want it.
The hotel had a very nice pool, and it was full of kids, friends for our kids to play with.
The restaurant had a nice patio to eat outside, with a very good children's menu. The food was ok, a bit expensive though as far as quantity/price, especially when you compare it to Madrid restaurants.

All in all a really nice family hotel where we plan to stay when we go to Madrid with our kids.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank vanessadb
London
Reviewed September 6, 2012

There you go - that's about it for this hotel - it's OK...
What do I like about it:
> It's very close to the airport - great if you arrive late or need to rush off after a meeting
> It has a metro stop very near
> It is metres from my client's office
> It's quiet
> It has an amazing huge park right next door
Have stayed further into town before now but it's noisy and busy and full of car fumes. This hotel yes is a little way out of town but that makes it a quiet location. And the park is fantastic - great for running, walking and cycling. With water running round it to boot - and that's a rare thing for Madrid - water !! I would consider staying here for leisure because of that fact.

BUT unlike the previous reviewer - NO NO NO - don't ever eat dinner in a Spanish hotel restaurant unless you are staing 5*. It's a fairly miserable experience. The metro is cheap and clean and taxis are the same. If I was staying here for leisure with the kids I would eat Spanish style for lunch = big and long in the centre of town and then return for a snack at the hotel.

The rooms are just fine - very clean, quite modern and room enough for 2 but probably yes a little small with 2 kids on top of that !

And the pool is just right - though not heated and salt water - that was a shock when I lept in after an hour's run round the park in 25 degrees heat !!