“Bad service!!!”

Ranked #254 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
Zoetermeer
“Bad service!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Small and noisy room, very bad service, a lot of money for what you get! My advise go to another hotel!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mirte L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Great hotel, not the largest room I've ever seen... but enough space for resting after a day visiting Madrid. EXCELENT Breakfast. Great location.-

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed July 3, 2011

The charge for so-called high speed internet was EUR 17 per day (as opposed to economy for 10 EUR a day). It worked slower than a medium-speed connection: the connection went off every once in a while, calls were interrupted, emailing was difficult, when attachments were involved almost impossible. File transfers or remote desktop inefficient to work with. After calling external assistance after half a day, the options were to remain with the same connection (perhaps new access code) or terminate with a full refund.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Madrid hotels

London
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I was attending a conference at the bigger, plusher, shinier NH Eurobuilding nearby, but they hadn't got any rooms left, so I stayed at NH La Habana instead.

It gave the impression of a busy hotel with high nightly turnaround, which would make sense given its proximity to the football stadium, but as a result it felt rather impersonal and perfunctory.

I can't complain about the comfort of the room, the quality of sleep or the breakfast - all were fine, but nothing to write home about. The reception staff were efficient though there was a long queue for both checkin and checkout.

In a nutshell, if you need to be in that particular area of Madrid for business or a football match, this place does the job, though you won't be gushing about it to the neighbours when you get home.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Spain
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We booked this hotel solely for its location (2 steps from where my friend's wedding was being held) and the good reputation of the NH chain. We were really disappointed that the service provided was definitely not that of a 4 star hotel. Probably not even 3 star.

We paid for two "double superior" rooms, which were actually tiny. We asked for double beds and were given twin beds, which kept sliding away from each other. There is no car park as such in the hotel, but they told us they would book a space in a nearby car park. We turned up only to find out they hadn't and there were no spaces left.

The floors were very dirty. Our room did not get cleaned, even though we were out for 5 hours in the morning and 6 hours in the evening and specifically asked for it to be cleaned. When we asked for more shampoo and shower gel, as it had not been replaced, we were told, in a rather rude way, to go down to the lobby to get it if we wanted it before 9 am. The plug hole in the bath did not work and we had to shower with water up to our knees.

We will be writing a formal complaint letter to the NH chain managers to inform them of the poor performance of this hotel. Madrid is a very competitive market, and there are dozens of hotels that offer a much better service for a similar price, if not cheaper.

Room Tip: Do not book ANY room here if you can avoid it
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank M R
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I was invited to give conferences in a Madrid university and they booked in this hotel because it was in the neighborhood . Unfortunately i confirmed the bad opinion I already had of Nh chain. The single room was tiny, the bed next to the wall and little space to work. If I wanted wireless in the room I would have to pay so I preferred to work on the lobby where I could get 30 minutes of wireless. Yesterday I had to check out two hours before my conference (or else I would have to pay by the hour to keep my room...).I decided to eat an hamburger in the cafeteria which reviewing my notes and during the night I felt nauseous and today I was diagnosed with mild food poisoning. And the worst thing was the service:rude staff, not a smile or an excuse when people complained because there was no more hot milk or coffee in the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank IsabelTM
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for the football spurs v real game. I found the staff very frendly & helpful
I had a single room the room was very small but adequart ,no tea making facelity in room,good selection of toiletries in the bathroom.The breakfast was e18-00 for a buffet style,The bed in the bedroom kept moving away from the wall as it had wheels on it the floor was a lamanate.
The hotel was very clean and pleasent,but I have stayed in better 3 star hotels. I would stay hear again but only for a short stay.
The hotel is great access to real madrid 's ground and the metro is a short walk away which can give you great access to other parts of madrid. taxi fare to the airport was e24,but the metro is e3.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo